Fresh Artichokes, Preparing and Serving.
You can cook Fresh Artichokes, Preparing and Serving using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fresh Artichokes, Preparing and Serving
- You need 4 of medium to large fresh artichokes.
- Prepare 1 of large stockpot, filled halfway full with chicken broth.
- It’s 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cajun seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of recipe Hollindaise Sauce, recipe included below.
- Prepare 1 of recipe Spicy Ranch dip / dressing, recipe included below.
Fresh Artichokes, Preparing and Serving step by step
- Add lemon juice, butter, cajun seasoning and pepper to chicken broth. Bring mixture to a boil while preparing artichokes..
- Cut stem of artichoke off so that artichoke stands upright. Snip off pointed ends with scissors. Cut 1/4 inch of top with sharp knife..
- Add to boiling, seasoned chicken broth, cover and simmer. Cook until the tip of a knife inserted into the bottom center of artichoke goes in easily This will take 40 to 60 minutes depending on the size of the artichokes.
- Drain artichokes upside down for 2 to 3 minutes..
- To eat an artichoke, serve whole, pulling off each leaf individually, dip bottom of leaf in sauce and scrape off soft meaty flesh with your teeth..
- When you finish with all the leaves, you get to the heart, which is surrounded by sharp little leaves, pull them off, do not eat pointed tops..
- Now you will see a fuzzy covered heart, with a small sharp knife or spoon take the fuzz off and discard, what is left is the delicious heart, cut up and dip in to your sauce!.
- To prepare in advance, cook and drain as directed, place each artichoke top side up in small bowl. Refrigerate up to 2 days. To reheat place artichoke, in it's bowl on a microwave safe plate. You can use a platter if you have a few.artichokes. Fill a small microwave safe glass halfway full with water, place on a plate or a platter with the artichokes. Cover loosely with plastic wrap. Microwave until hot. About 1 to 2 minutes for each artichoke, depending on your microwave.and how cold they are..
- Serve hot artichokes, 1 per person, with your favorite sauce.. I have included Hollindaise sauce and Spicy Ranch Dio / Dressing, but lemon butter, garlic butter, or just plain melted butter is good.as well! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/353091-spicy-ranch-dipdressing https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/360436-classic-hollandaise-sauce.