Butterscotch Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. Spiced Carrot Cake with Butterscotch Cream Cheese Frosting. This week has been absolutely nutty! It's only been a week since the kid graduated, I had a huge deadline on Friday and Paul is putting in some serious hours at his new job.
This apple spice cake is incredibly moist. This Spice Cake is a moist luscious treat filled with fabulous fall spices and topped with a super simple four ingredient brown sugar cream cheese frosting. The frosting and the cake can be made up to two days in advance but should be stored in the refrigerator. You can have Butterscotch Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butterscotch Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- It’s 1 box of spice cake.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- You need 1-3.4 oz of box butterscotch instant pudding.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1/2 of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1/4 cup of mayo.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- It’s of For the Frosting.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter, softened.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 8 oz of cream cheese, softened.
Fall is in the air and what better way to celebrate than with a delectable spice cake. This will make more than you need for your frosting. Use the extra as ice cream sauce. In a medium bowl, beat the softened cream cheese together with the butterscotch sauce until smooth.
Butterscotch Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting step by step
- Preheat oven 350. Grease pan you are going to cook cake in, I use a bundt pan and Crisco oil. Set pan aside..
- In a large mixing bowl add all the ingredients for baking the cake and mix till smooth and no lumps..
- Pour in bundt pan and place in over for 50-60 minutes. Check with tooth pick at 50 minutes in middle comes out clean. Let Cool.
- Making the frosting. In a large mixing bowl add powdered sugar, butter, cream cheese, & vanilla. Mix till smooth..
- Once cake has cooled, place on cake dish and icing the cake. If there is extra frosting left, I put in the middle of the bundt cake filling up the hole! Sprinkle some cinnamon all over the cake once you have finished putting on the frosting. Enjoy….
Mix in the salt, vanilla, and powdered sugar until smooth. Spread evenly on your cooled cake, and enjoy. Place the other cake on top and cover with the rest of the frosting. Allow the butterscotch to cool to room temperature before frosting the cake. To make the frosting: Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese, butter, cinnamon, and vanilla until thoroughly mixed and smooth.