Strawberry Cream Cheese Turnover. These Strawberry Cream Cheese Turnovers make a perfect breakfast or dessert! Do you remember these apple turnovers I posted a while back? So I made a strawberry turnover and then stuffed it with a cream cheese filling.
You can make these with any of your favorite berries, but strawberry will always be our favorite. what is the best way to store these? Every month our chefs and friends cook our way through our favorite book of the month. This recipe is our interpretation from Williams Sonoma's "New Flavors. You can cook Strawberry Cream Cheese Turnover using 16 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Strawberry Cream Cheese Turnover
- Prepare of Strawberry filling.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped strawberries (or other berries:).
- Prepare 1 tablespoons of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- It’s of Cream cheese filling.
- It’s 4 ounces of cream cheese, softened.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- You need 6 of squares puff pastry sheet 5×5 inch.
- It’s of Egg wash.
- It’s 1 of each egg.
- You need 2 ounces of milk.
- You need of Glaze.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 1 tablespoon of milk.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla.
These glorious overnight strawberry cream cheese sweet rolls are amazing because they can be made ahead of time and baked fresh when you want them! Strawberry turnovers are filled with sweet strawberries in a buttery, flaky puff pastry. A perfect summer indulgence, that everyone will love. I originally was thinking of making strawberry cream cheese croissant turnover thingies, but I had a feeling they wouldn't live up to a beautiful childhood memory I have of eating a strawberry cream cheese croissant, so I decided to veer in a different direction.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Turnover step by step
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree for a conventional oven.
- Clean and chop up the strawberries, then add the sugar and cinnamon and mix together. Set aside.
- With a bowl mix to together the cream cheese, powder sugar and vanilla with a rubber spatula for about 2 minutes,then mix in the berries until incorporated..
- Layout your puff pastry squares from the freezer and let soften..
- Mix together the egg yolk and milk to make the egg wash..
- It makes to much but its hard to use a half an egg. You could recycle whats left and make some French Toast Batter:).
- Lightly brush the outside edges of the puff pastry with the egg wash.
- Evenly divide the filling between the six squares. Keep the filling in the center. **Note do a test with the first one making sure it looks good and then do the next five at the same time:).
- Carefully fold over in a triangle shape pressing the edges with a fork to crimp. You are tring to to not squezze the filling out the side.
- Poke the top about three times with a fork; this is called docking it will allow the steam to escape in the cooking process..
- Brush the turnovers with egg wash and sprinkle sugar liberality over the top..
- Place on a sheet pan with parchment and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and delicious..
- Pull from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes..
- Mix together the glaze with the powder sugar milk and vanilla.(should be thicker than heavy cream in a pourable consistency..
- Pour the glaze over the turnovers and enjoy. Powder sugar sprinkle topping adds a sweet ending..
In a blender or food processor, combine the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and strawberries. Set the turnovers on a lightly greased cookie pan. Brush the top of each turnover with the egg wash. Strawberry Cream Cheese Strudel, a fast, easy and delicious Dessert, filled with Fresh Strawberries, Cream Cheese and Chocolate Chips. Cream Cheese Pastry: In the bowl of your electric stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment (or with a hand mixer), place the butter and cream cheese.