pan seared diver scallops with roasted artichoke,Chevre puree and fried chorizo. Pan-seared scallops cooked in the flavorful oil left behind when you cook chorizo—it's basically liquid gold. Couldn't find chorizo like she used so bought the raw stuff and fried it up. For the seared scallops, season the scallops with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Pan Seared Scallops – simple and beautifully seared scallops served with a flavorful brown butter and lemon pan sauce. Perfect pan-seared scallops takes only minutes to cook, however, you need to learn the very basics of how to cook scallops so you'll achieve that perfect golden brown crust. Sear till the first side is well browned and has formed a good crust. You can have pan seared diver scallops with roasted artichoke,Chevre puree and fried chorizo using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of pan seared diver scallops with roasted artichoke,Chevre puree and fried chorizo
- Prepare of artichoke chevre puree.
- Prepare 8 of hearts artichoke.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of lemon zest.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of salt.
- You need 1 of pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of chrevre.
- Prepare 1 pinch of dry thyme.
- It’s of scallops.
- You need 6 of u-10 dry pack diver scallops.
- Prepare 1 of salt.
- It’s 1 of pepper.
- Prepare 1 of veg oil.
- It’s of fried chorizo.
- You need 1 of link fresh chorizo.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
Turn and allow to sear on the other side. Serve with the celery root puree and the pomegranate glaze poured around. Transfer scallops to large plate and tent loosely with aluminum foil. Wipe out skillet with wad of paper towels and repeat cooking with remaining oil, scallops, and butter.
pan seared diver scallops with roasted artichoke,Chevre puree and fried chorizo step by step
- Puree place oven at 400 place artichokes on a pan cover with olive oil,thyme and lightly salt, pepper. roast for 20 min.
- once out of the oven place artichokes(brown bits too) into a food processor with chevre and lemon zest puree till smooth set aside.
- Chorizo place oven on med high toss in butter and chorizo fry till crispy place on paper towel to dry off extra grease. set aside.
- Scallops get heavy bottom pan on med high throw in veg oil and wiat till pan starts to smoke..
- salt and pepper scallops once pan is smoking hot, sear scallops for 3 min on each side.
- plating using about 2 TB of puree, streak across the plate in one push. thenplace scallops on top then top with chorizo garnish with micro greens.
Pan-seared scallops with pasta seems like a good idea…unless you struggle with weight or you wan't to eat a clean diet, free of refined flours. Think about all the pan-roasted dishes you can prepare using this pan. And all of them will be low fat and will contain fewer calories. Add a little olive oil between Serve the scallops on a bed of corn puree, garnished with remaining fresh corn kernels, chopped scallions, halved cherry tomatoes and cooked chorizo. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside whilst you cook the scallops.