Pickled Cucumber. Check Out Top Brands On eBay. Discover hundreds of ways to save on your favorite products. Quick Pickled Cucumbers (Refrigerator Pickles) When all the hard work of tilling, planting, weeding, watering, and more weeding a garden starts to pay off, I'm always astounded and thrilled by the buckets of fresh vegetables we get to play with!
Time to pickle beautiful vegetables from Farmers Markets and personal gardens! Pickled Cucumber is a Southern alternative to fast food and casual dining restaurants. It serves fresh homemade dishes to locals and tourists who enjoy eating meals made from scratch but don't have an opportunity to prepare them. You can cook Pickled Cucumber using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pickled Cucumber
- You need 1 of cucumber.
- You need 1/2 tea spoon of salt.
- Prepare 3-4 table spoon of rice vinegar.
- It’s 1 tea spoon of sesame oil.
- It’s 1 tea spoon of sesame seeds.
- Prepare of Sugar (option).
How to Pickle Cucumbers Without Vinegar. Naturally fermented pickles are the traditional way to pickle cucumbers. This simple method uses salt, water, and natural bacteria from the air to get a tangy, fermented pickle. We enjoy serving homemade pickles with lots of our meals and I absolutely love pickling cucumbers as well as other vegetables like Pickled Green Tomatoes or red bell peppers.
Pickled Cucumber step by step
- Wash and chop the cucumber into 0,5 inch pieces.
- Put into a bowl and sprinkle with the salt and toss them gently and wait for atleast 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes squeeze the cucumber until no more water.
- After squeeze put into a bowl and add rice vinegar, sesame oil then combine well, add sugar if needed and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Cover and put in the fridge about 30 minutes..
- And pickled cucumber ready to serve :).
I like canning my own stuff as I know all ingredients I use are healthy and good for. Not only that, they taste GREAT!!! Thank you so much for the recipe and the simplicity of it! How to Pickle Cucumbers Making pickles is a great first-time canning project; it's easy, safe and odds are good that you already have everything you need to get started right at home. Keep in mind: Price and stock could change after publish date, and we may make money from these links.