Persian Cucumber Soup. All-star Cucumber Soup recipe, prepared Persian-style with fresh herbs and toasted walnut. This cucumber soup is so refreshing and has become one of my favorite things to now make at home. Cold soups are perfect for hot summer days, and this cold cucumber soup recipe from Andrew Zimmern gets tang and creaminess from Greek yogurt and big Mast-o-khiar is referred to both the soup and dip version of this dish.
A creamy and cooling chilled Persian cucumber yogurt soup to help escape the heat. Some Persian cucumber soup recipes call for rose pedals, those add a beautiful touch, but since I don't buy them often, I chose to go without. A few Tips for this Cucumber Soup or Cucumber. You can have Persian Cucumber Soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Persian Cucumber Soup
- Prepare 300 gr of yogurt.
- Prepare 1/2 of cucumber.
- You need 3-4 of crushed walnut.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 4-5 of dill stalks.
- You need 1 tbs of olive oil.
- It’s 3 tbs of raisins.
- You need 1 tsp of rose petal powder.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
- You need pieces of your favourite bread.
- You need 300 ml of cold water (it depends on how you prefer your soup : thick or thin).
Cool and refreshing Chilled Cucumber Soup! I ordered the cucumber soup which motivated me to try a rendition. The Greek yogurt makes this recipe especially smooth and the lemon and red onion add a bit of zing. Its outer skin is dark green and thin with visible, shallow ridges.
Persian Cucumber Soup step by step
- Place yogurt in a big bowl. Add water, olive oil, salt, pepper and rose petal powder to yogurt. Whisk it very well..
- Then, grate garlic into the bowl. Cut cucumber into pieces (no need to especial technique, simply cut it). Add raisins, crushed walnuts and dill..
- Place ingredients into the blender and blend it. Serve it with your favourite bread and dip in your soup. Enjoy it Bon appetit.
The inner flesh is light green with a firm and moist. Now make CHILLED CUCUMBER SOUP, PERSIAN-STYLE with simple step by step method. Divide the soup among individual small soup cups or bowls. Nowadays Persian cucumbers are being cultivated all over the world. Because of their smooth skin, Persian cucumbers can be eaten with or without the skin and the flavor remains the same.