Cucumber Curry. Cucumber curry made in andhra style with yellow cucumber, onions, tomatoes, spices & curry leaves. This simple & delicious dosakaya curry is an everyday dish made in Telugu speaking homes. It is eaten with plain rice & ghee or with chapati, roti, phulka.
You can also find more Main Course Vegetarian recipes like Farali Aloo ki Sabzi Sizzling Chilli Beancurd Coconut Khara Kozhambu Aloo Gobhi Methi Sri Lankan cucumber and cashew curry. This cucumber curry recipe is mild and creamy, as well as being one of the more interesting ways to use cucumbers in cooking. While it's a fantastic vegan main, it would also make a great side dish as part of a larger spread of dishes. You can cook Cucumber Curry using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cucumber Curry
- Prepare 2 of cucumber.
- You need 1/2 cup of moong dhal.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of sambar powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of urad dhal.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 2 tsp of oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Check out Anna's other cucumber recipes here. We at Cucumber Curry believe that change is the only constant. Couple that with the innovative thinking that we employ, we deliver what we call •freshness for your brand•. Adopting to both the changing clients need as well as the market dynamics, we go all out to deliver a highly personalized experience to the client.
Cucumber Curry step by step
- Peel and slice cucumber. Add turmeric and cucumber to dhal and pressure cook for 2whistle.
- Heat a pan. Add oil,mustard and urad dhal..
- Once it sputters add cumin seeds and cooked dhal..
- Add sambar powder and salt to taste. cook well till the raw smell of powder goes off..
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Cucumber tomato curry is ready to eat. Meal below: cucumber tomato curry with plain toor dal, chapatis and bhindi bhujiya besanwali. Notes: *Indian cucumber tends to have more seeds and a thicker skin. If using Indian cucumber, you might want to discard some of the seeds and peel the skin. In a bowl, combine first seven ingredients.