Cucumber Sandwiches. The traditional cucumber sandwich is composed of thin slices of cucumber placed between two thin slices of crustless, lightly buttered bread. Cucumber Sandwiches are a traditional finger sandwich for luncheons or teas but they're also a These easy cucumber sandwiches make the perfect appetizer for any occasion. This cucumber sandwich with cream cheese recipe started out as a bit of fun, but we soon realised that cucumber sandwiches are a pretty serious recipe.
Whether you call it a tea. If you've never had a cucumber sandwich, the concept may seem a little bizarre: a sandwich based around a vegetable known for its mild flavor. Don't knock it until you've tried it — this treat makes a. You can cook Cucumber Sandwiches using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cucumber Sandwiches
- Prepare 8 oz of cream cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 of seasoning packet of ranch dressing.
- Prepare of 2 cucumbers, peeled and sliced in 1/4 inch slices.
- Prepare 1 of tube of Pillsbury French loaf.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dried dill.
The best cucumbers for these sandwiches are English cucumbers, also called burpless or European cucumbers. Felicity Cloake: Where do you stand on peeling, slicing, seasoning and salting, should you cut the crusts off – and is the addition of Marmite an abomination? Cucumber Sandwiches – a simple yet elegant finger sandwich with a delicious homemade mayo-based spread topped with fresh thin slices of cucumber. I was introduced to a similar cucumber sandwich by a friend many years ago.
Cucumber Sandwiches step by step
- Using a hand mixer, mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise and ranch seasoning packet until creamy and spreadable.
- Bake pillsbury loaf per the directions. Let cool and slice into 1/2 inch slices.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly across one side of all the bread slices. Top spread with a slice of cucumber and season with dill..
Cucumber Sandwiches Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Traditional cucumber sandwiches for tea consists of crustless bread, cucumber, and butter. All other cucumber sandwiches are variations off of these three basic ingredients. Classic Cucumber Sandwiches made with cream cheese, and the perfect seasonings atop cocktail bread are the perfect appetizer for parties and showers! Cucumber Sandwiches are easy to make.