Cucumber Cake. Cucumber cake is a cake prepared using cucumber as a primary ingredient. Additional ingredients may include typical cake ingredients such as flour, sugar, eggs and leavening. It may be served as a dessert cake, and some versions are topped with an icing. cucumber cake recipe. this recipe of a cucumber cake is a traditional recipe from the goan belt and is called as tavsali. an eggless steamed cucumber cake.
Baked Cucumber Sweet Kadubu /Rice Cake, Kakdichi Tavsali Tausali: An Eggless Steamed Cucumber Cake from Goa, Pearl Baked Cucumber Sweet Kadubu is one of the traditional dish. Find delicious cake recipes, like fresh cucumber cake, and other tempting cake recipes at tarladalal.com. You can have Cucumber Cake using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cucumber Cake
- Prepare 2 of big Cucumber, grated.
- You need 1 cup of Coconut, grated.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Coconut, finely chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of Groundnut, Roasted, deskinned and halved.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Puffed Channa.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Jaggery Syrup.
- It’s 3 Cups of Fine Semolina (Rava).
- You need 1 tsp of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Water.
The ginger flavored cake is one of the favorite cake recipes to be baked for birthdays. But have you tried the cucumber cake? Chef Gautam Mehrishi combines palm jaggery, coconut, cocoa and cucumber to make a delicious cake that will make you drool. Cucumber Cake – a light, nutritious steamed cake made with yellow cucumber, semolina, jaggery and coconut. cucumber cake is a traditional recipe from the goan belt and is called as tavsali. in this.
Cucumber Cake instructions
- Mix all the above ingredients, pour it into a greased baking tray and bake it in a baking oven at 20° centigrade for 40 minutes..
- Cool it, slice it and enjoy with fresh cream or ghee..
Many many months ago I had Cucumber cake during Ganesh Utsav at a friend's place. It was unacceptable and how can one make a cake out of Cucumber ??. it may sound bizzare for many of. Drain water from rice and grind to a coarse paste with some of the cucumber puree, do not add any water. Stir in cucumber, sugar, coconut, turmeric, salt, soda. The proportion of semolina varies depending on the water content of the vegetable.