Cucumber Chaat. Go easy on the salt, as chaat masala already has salt in it. For a portable snack, mix together the chaat masala, chili powder, and salt in a small container. Squeeze lime juice into another container.
I am not too fond of cucumber but i simply fell in love with this dish. What an amazing way to use this salad vegetable. Perfect snack for the hot summer evenings. You can have Cucumber Chaat using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cucumber Chaat
- It’s 2 of nos – Cucumber.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of – Grated Carrot.
- You need 2 tbsp of – Fresh Grated Coconut.
- You need 1/4 cup of – Green Chutney.
- It’s 2 tbsp of – Coriander leaves (chopped).
- You need 1/4 cup of – Masala Chana Dal.
- It’s 1/4 cup of – Nylon Sev.
- You need 1 tbsp of – Lemon Juice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of – Cumin Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of – Chaat Masala.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of – Puffed Rice.
Chana Chaat, a Chickpea & Cucumber Salad where contrast is key. This Chana Chaat inspired recipe is turned into a robust and fresh salad with English cucumbers, chickpeas and fresh herbs kissed with a curry, brown sugar and lime juice vinaigrette. Cucumber Chaat is a road side chaat from Karnataka. I have learnt this recipe from my friend Ashwini who is from Mysore and often makes this delicious cucumber chaat.
Cucumber Chaat instructions
- Wash and peel the cucumber. Now sliced it into big pieces..
- Now apply on green chutney..
- Now add lemon juice, cumin powder and chaat masala..
- Now add chana dal, grated carrot and coconut..
- Now add nylon sev, chopped coriander, and puffed rice. Our chaat is ready..
Ashwini says that this chaat goes by 'soutekayi' which means cucumber in Kannada. Super cool cucumber got the tangy flavors of chat! Quick, easy, non fire cooking fun snack recipe to cook with little hands and nourish their tummies. Cucumber with its hydrating and cool properties makes it an ideal much for summers. Most common use of chaat masala is in raita (yogurt dips), fruit salads, bhel puri and of course chaat (a spicy and tangy preparation with chickpea curry and potatoes).