Carot and Cumin Soup. The finished soup has a wonderful creamy texture, especially considering there is no cream or cheese in it. A spiced carrot soup, made creamy by the addition of natural yoghurt. This recipe has been submitted by the Good Food community.
Add sliced carrots and tomatoes and season with salt, pepper, and cumin. Stir in honey, vegetable broth, and white wine. Purée soup with an immersion blender and season with salt and pepper. You can have Carot and Cumin Soup using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Carot and Cumin Soup
- It’s 700 grams of carrots.
- Prepare 1 large of onion.
- Prepare 30 grams of butter.
- It’s 2 of vegetable stock cubes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 tbsp of tomato puree.
- Prepare 1 liter of watef.
- You need 150 ml of double cream.
Ladle soup into bowls, top with carrot matchsticks and garnish with. This soup is a classic for a reason, and this recipe is quick, easy and healthy. Stirring through fresh coriander before serving really brings the flavours out. Add the cumin and chilli and cook for a minute then add the carrot, sugar and stock and bring to a simmer.
Carot and Cumin Soup step by step
- Peel and finely chop the onion.
- Saute with the butter in a large pan until soft but not brown..
- Peel and chop the carrots, add to the pan with the ground cumin..
- Cook for 5 minutes on a gentle heat then add the 1ltr of stock and tomato puree..
- Season with salt and pepper..
- Bring to the boil then cover and simmer for 40 minutes until carrots are tender..
- Remove from the heat and blend then add the cream..
- Season to taste..
A tasty fulfilling carrot soup that's perfect on a cold or warm day and refreshing especially when you add some plain yoghurt. Check out my easy guide and. This classic carrot soup is a wonderful soup to serve with your favorite winter salads, sandwiches, and even holiday entrées. Meanwhile, we'll sauté some chopped onion in oil until tender. Then, we'll add some fresh garlic, plus ground coriander and cumin.