Cumin Pan Seared Potatoes. Cumin Pan Seared Potatoes I found this recipe on yummly and it's by Han Tang. I made it to go with the Cuban Mojo Pork. Dump out water, place ice and cold water back on to potatoes to shock.
Dump out water, place ice and cold water back on to potatoes to shock. Toss the sweet potatoes, bell peppers, and onions with the olive oil and vinegar and season with salt and pepper. First, prep your ingredients: peel and cut the potatoes into small cubes, de-seed and mince the jalapeño, slice the red onion, and dice the chives. You can cook Cumin Pan Seared Potatoes using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cumin Pan Seared Potatoes
- Prepare 3 of red potatoes.
- You need 1 head of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of green chilli, diced.
- You need 1 of red chili, diced.
- Prepare 2 of dried chilis, cut.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of dried basil.
Add the water, turn down heat to low and cover. Add the potatoes and season with salt and black pepper. Toss potatoes in pan and sear on all sides. To serve, toss pan-seared potatoes with garlic butter; if desired, sprinkle with fresh dill.
Cumin Pan Seared Potatoes step by step
- Bring a medium pot of water to boil over high heat, add the potatoes into the pot and then turn to medium heat..
- Boil the potatoes for about 10-15 minutes until softened but still firm. Test with a fork or knife..
- Drian the potatoes in a colander and then carefully peel..
- Cut the peeled potatoes into long halfs, carefully and slightly pat the potatoes with a knife to make them flatter..
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan over medium heat, add in half of the minced garlic and sauté for about 2 minutes or untill the garlic is browned..
- Turn to low heat, add in the potatoes and pan-fry the potatoes for about 10 minutes or until both sides of the potatoes are browned, set the potatoes and the garlic aside..
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan over medium-high heat, toss in the other half of the garlic, the red green and dried peppers, season with cumin powder, salt and pepper, sauté for 1-2 minutes. I did add more olive oil in order to give the potatoes a good cover of sauce..
- Add in the potatoes and garlic and toss in the dried basil, stir-fry for another 1-2 minutes..
- Remove from the pan and serve..
Serve garlic potatoes warm with sour cream or as a side dish. Slice potatoes into coins about ¼" thick. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oils. Add potatoes and season with rosemary, salt and pepper. Toast and crush the cumin seeds.