Chicken Fried Tomatillos w/ Smoked Cumin Dip. Chicken Fried Tomatillos w/ Smoked Cumin Dip Like a Mexican Fried Pickle. Refrigerate dip until ready to serve. In a shallow small bowl, beat eggs.
Working in batches, dip tomatillo slices in egg, then in breading; shake off excess. See great recipes for Perfect cumin rice too! Place tomatillos in a small saucepan; cover with water. You can cook Chicken Fried Tomatillos w/ Smoked Cumin Dip using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Fried Tomatillos w/ Smoked Cumin Dip
- Prepare 4 of small tomatillos; sliced thin horizontally.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- You need 2 T of milk.
- Prepare 1.5 C of panko breadcrumbs.
- You need 1/2 C of mayonnaise.
- It’s 3/4 t of smoked cumin.
- Prepare 1 t of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1/4 t of ground white pepper.
- Prepare 1 pinch of sea salt.
- Prepare 1/2 of lime; juiced.
- It’s 1/4 C of sour cream.
- It’s as needed of vegetable oil.
Dredge a tomatillo in the flour, dip it in the egg mixture and then dredge in the panko. Fried Jumbo Chicken Wings Tossed in an "Extra Spicy" Buffalo Style Hot Sauce.. Shredded Smoked BBQ Chicken Thighs with a Texas Black Bean Spread, Southwestern Rice & Cheeses.. Tomatillos Southwest Grill and Tequila Bar.
Chicken Fried Tomatillos w/ Smoked Cumin Dip step by step
- Mix together sour cream, mayonnaise, cumin, lime, paprika, white pepper, and salt..
- Set up a 3 step breading station for the tomatillos. Flour in the first bowl, egg wash in the second, and panko in the third. Set up a wire rack to hold the tomatillos to the right of bowl #3..
- Use your left hand as your "dry hand" and your right hand as your "wet" hand. Dip the tomatillos in the flour with your left hand, egg wash with your right, and panko with your left. Use your left hand to set on the wire rack. Double bread each tomatillo..
- Heat oil to 350° using a deep fry thermometer. Fry on each side 1-2 minutes or until golden and crispy. Season with salt immediately upon removing tomatillos from oil..
- Variations; Caramelized onions, yogurt, dill, guacamole, avocado, jicama, mint, olive oil, pumpkin seeds, scallions, tomatoes, cream cheese.
Add drumsticks and seal bag, pressing out excess air. In a shallow small bowl, beat eggs. In a skillet over medium high heat, heat canola oil. Working in batches, dip tomatillo slices in egg, then in breading; shake off. The Best Smoked Chicken Dip Recipes on Yummly