Jeera aloo (cumin potato). Buy us a cup of coffee. Thank you all so much for watching our recipe videos and supporting our channel. If you would to further support and help us.
Aloo Jeera is easy yet a delicious side dish. Jeera aloo is potatoes cooked with cumin seeds. With no onions, no garlic this is great option during fasting days. You can cook Jeera aloo (cumin potato) using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jeera aloo (cumin potato)
- It’s 10-12 of Baby potatoes boiled.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Cumin.
- You need 2 tbsp of Coriander.
- You need 3 tbsp of Oil.
- It’s 2 tsp of Turmeric.
- It’s 1 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 of dried red chilli.
Jeera Aloo Recipe: extremely popular Indian side dish using potatoes, jeera (cumin), turmeric and other spices. Super easy to make, delicious and goes perfectly with all Indian meals. Potatoes – can use any potatoes. Cumin – also known as jeera or zeera.
Jeera aloo (cumin potato) instructions
- Firstly prick the potatoes with the help of fork so that the masala enters inside the potatoes as well.
- Heat oil add Cumin and red chilles let the cumin crackle.
- Now slow down the heat add spices except garam masala add 1/3 cup water and cook for 2 minutes..
- Add in the pricked potatoes and salt and garam masala and mix it well to coat the potatoes in the masala making sure that the potatoes does not break..
- Add littel coriander and mix cook for 5 minutes.
- Take it out in a serving plate garnish with some more coriander and serve with roti or rice.
Turmeric – popularly known as haldi in India. Spiced potatoes cooked with chilli, cumin seeds and pomegranate powder. The humble potato gets a makeover and every bite of it reminded me of how amazing the flavours were. There are several ways to make jeera aloo and a Punjabi version is equally delicious which my. A nice Indian-style twist on potatoes.