Cumin-Orange Rice. When rice is done add to vegetable mixture. Thoroughly combine vegetables with steamed rice. Cumin rice is an earthy and slightly peppery dish that can be used as the base for many meals.
Add the bay leaf, rosemary and the. It helps, then, to use fresh carrots and fresh orange juice. You don't need to squeeze your own Find a saucepan large enough to contain the carrots, and add the cumin, orange zest, garlic, oil, a pinch. You can cook Cumin-Orange Rice using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cumin-Orange Rice
- Prepare 1 C of rice.
- Prepare 2 C of vegetable stock.
- It’s 1.5 t of cumin.
- You need 1 t of orange extract.
- Prepare 1 t of orange peel seasoning.
- You need 1 of large pinch kosher salt & black pepper.
- You need 1/2 t of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 t of cayenne.
- It’s 2 T of butter.
Learn how to make Jeera Rice (Cumin Rice) Recipe by Manjula. Press cumin seed and pepper equally onto both sides of chops. This recipe for jeera rice (Indian steamed cumin rice) will never fail you! You don't need a rice cooker or fancy equipment to make this.
Cumin-Orange Rice step by step
- Heat stock on stove to a simmer..
- Melt butter in a small saucepot. When butter starts to brown, add rice. Stir..
- Add cumin, orange peel seasoning, cinnamon, cayenne, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Save a tiny pinch of orange peel for garnish..
- Stir on medium heat for 30 seconds..
- Add stock. Stir. Bring to a simmer. Cover. Cook 20 minutes. Remove from heat but do not remove cover. Let steam 5-8 minutes..
- Fluff. Garnish with orange peel seasoning..
- Add extract. Stir..
- Variations; Chicken stock, chicken bouillon, brandy, garlic, carrots, espresso, pumpkin, crushed pepper flakes, chives, clove, coriander seed, ginger, lime, coconut, mint, onions, cashew, almond, hazelnuts, walnut, peanut, pecan, pistachios, pine nuts, sesame, shallot, brown sugar, champage/red wine/rice wine/apple cider/sherry/white wine vinegar, chili powder, tamarind, paprika, cilantro.
Just a few ingredients and a pot and you'll have fluffy. Combine orange juice, honey, cumin, salt and pepper in bowl, and whisk until smooth. Five basic ingredients add tons of flavor: cumin, honey, orange, onion & chicken. Cilantro Lime Black Bean Shrimp and Rice. Craving something fresh this time of year?