Chilli Parotta. The same recipe can be made into chilli egg parotta. Make a well in the center of the vessel and add the egg mixture and scramble it lightly. chilli parotta recipe chilli kothu parotta with detailed photo and video recipe. an easy, simple and spicy street food recipe made with malabar parotta and chinese sauces. it is an ideal snack recipe made with leftover parotta which is sliced and tossed in sweet and spicy indo chinese sauces. the recipe comes from the streets of tamilnadu and very much inspired from.
This post is a long time pending post,my friend Sangeeta requested long time back to post this recipe! I was bit hesitant coz of the photography part,as I always make this for dinner,and I hate to take pictures in the night…. But last week itself I promised. You can have Chilli Parotta using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chilli Parotta
- It’s of Parottas chopped (leftovers) – 3 nos.
- You need of Oil for frying.
- You need Cube of cut onions – 1 medium onion.
- It’s of Green bell pepper; chopped into cubes – 1/2 pepper.
- It’s as needed of Salt.
- Prepare of Chilli sauce – 1 tblsp.
- It’s of Tomato sauce – 2 tblsp.
- You need 2 tsp of Soy sauce -.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Hot Water -.
- Prepare of Chopped cilantro – few.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Garam masala -.
- You need 1 tsp of Coriander powder -.
- You need 1 tsp of Kashmiri chilli powder -.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cumin seeds -.
- It’s of Garlic deskinned and diced – 2 nos.
- You need 1 tsp of Ginger garlic paste -.
- Prepare 1 of Green chilli slit lengthwise -.
- You need as needed of Spring onion -.
Chilli parotta is an extremely popular recipe among kids and its very famous in the states of Tamil Nadu and kerala. Chilli Parotta recipe is very easy to make. Everyone likes parottas but when u. This Chilli Parotta Recipe is nothing but regular parotta's teared into bite sized pieces and tempered with onion, capsicum and sauted in sauces.
Chilli Parotta step by step
- Chop the leftover Parottas into cubes. Fry them in oil and let them dry on tissues to bloat excess oil..
- In a sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the cumin seeds and garlic. When it turns a golden brown, add in onions and ginger garlic paste. Let it turn slight brown. Then add in the bell peppers..
- Once they have been crisped, add in coriander powder, kashmiri chilli powder, salt, garam masala and salt. Mix them well in low flame until the flavors are extracted..
- Add in chilli sauce, tomato sauce and soy sauce. Mix them well together. Add in hot water to about 1/4 cup and let all of them boil well together for about 3 minutes..
- Toss in the fried parotta pieces and mix them well with the gravy. Cover the pan and let it heat for 2 minutes..
- Switch the flame off, add in chopped cilantro and spring onions. Toss and serve hot..
Actually in restaurants, the parotta's are dipped in batter and deep fried in oil till crispy. I have given that method too in the tips section. Chilli Parotta recipe with step by step photos. Chilli Parotta is a classic Indian Street food that is more popular across South India. Its fusion cooking the South Indian Parotta in an Indo Chinese style.