Rajma chawal – traditional method. Rajma chawal is a comfort food where rajma means kidney beans gravy and chawal means rice. The post shares a simple and easy one pot Punjabi rajma gravy along with the absorption method of You have so many good ideas for new recipes as well. Your traditional recipes are very good too.
Prepare the rajma or kidney beans curry first. It is a one pot dish this is a very simple recipe in which the. Rajma chawal recipe – rajma gravy is made from red kidney beans with onion-tomato gravy. You can cook Rajma chawal – traditional method using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rajma chawal – traditional method
- You need 1 tablespoon of cumin.
- It’s 1 cup of finely chopped onions.
- It’s 1 cup of grated tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 2 of green chillies.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of Cooking oil.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of chilli powder.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of cumin powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of coriander powder.
- Prepare of Finely chopped coriander leaves for garnishing.
- You need 3 cup of rajma.
- It’s of Salt as per taste.
It is best served with plain steamed rice aka chawal. So together it is called rajma chawal, a best and comforting combo. I am sharing the quick version of rajma chawal made in pressure cooker only. Rajma chawal is derived from Punjab and this recipe is super unique as we have mixed the rajma curry and cooked basmati rice and made it like a pulao.
Rajma chawal – traditional method instructions
- Soak the rajma for 8 hours and boil the soaked rajma in a pressure cooker for 3 whistles..
- Take a pan and add oil to heat. Put cumin seeds. After it sprinkles add chopped onions to it. Saute it well till it becomes translucent..
- Add the slits green chillies to it. Add Ginger garlic paste and saute well till the raw smell goes off it..
- Add the tomato puree and saute well. Then add coriander powder, chilli powder, cumin powder, salt, turmeric powder..
- Mix the masala well and cook for 2 min..
- Add the boiled rajma and cook for 15 min in medium heat. Add water as required. Put off the flame when done and garnish it with coriander leaves..
This Punjabi rajma chawal can be easily made if you have soaked rajma a day prior. I am sure not even an amateur will go wrong with this one. Rajma chawal is one of the regular. Rajma Chawal is a delicious main course recipe that can be made any day. It contain good quality of carbohydrate and protein that can suit your taste.