Pinto Bean And Bacon Soup. Pinto beans are by far my favorite bean and I usually only make refried beans with them. Now I have a new go to recipe for my love of pinto beans. Though this recipe is very similar to Navy Bean and Bacon soup, I could not resist in adding a jalapeño.
Adding bacon to this Pinto Bean Soup enhances the flavor and makes the soup super filling, so you can call it a meal. Cooking pinto beans can take some time, but this soup is really good! SLOW COOKER PINTO BEAN AND BACON SOUP Sponsored by Hurst's HamBeens Pinto Beans with Ham Flavor If you love navy bean and bacon soup then you must try this. You can cook Pinto Bean And Bacon Soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pinto Bean And Bacon Soup
- You need of (3) Cups Pinto Beans.
- It’s of (8) Cups Water.
- It’s of (6) Strips Bacon (Fried, chopped and grease reserved for soup).
- Prepare of (2) Cups Beef Broth.
- You need of (1/2) Onion Chopped.
- Prepare of (1) Jalapeno deseeded and diced.
- You need of (2) Cloves Garlic Minced.
- It’s of (3) Tbsp Chopped Green Chili's.
- Prepare of (1) Tsp Salt.
- You need of (1/2) Tsp Ground Cumin.
- You need of (1/2) Tsp Pepper.
- Prepare of (1/2) Tsp Chili Powder.
- It’s of (1/4) Tsp Cayenne Pepper.
Whole pinto beans flavored with bacon are a tasty variation on refried beans. Add remaining ingredients except bacon; mix well. Soup beans refer to brown beans (such as pinto beans) that are cooked with pork for flavoring. Other types of beans can also be used such as white beans Drain the beans and rinse.
Pinto Bean And Bacon Soup instructions
- Soak Beans overnight in a large pot no heat..
- The next day, bring beans to boil on low, covered. Cook how ever long it takes to soften them. Usually 2 to 3 hours. Checking water every so often to make sure it has enough to cover beans by about 2 inches..
- When beans are tender, I pour the beans and liquid into a bowl,set aside and clean the pot. (I just dont like the goopy residue on pot).
- Pour beans and liquid back into pot, turn heat to low..
- Add ALL remaining ingredients to pot. Including bacon and reserved bacon grease. Liquid should be 2 or so inches above beans..
- Cover, simmer on low for 1 hour. Stiring every 15 minutes..
- When done top with whatever you wish and Enjoy!.
In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, add chopped bacon and let partially cook for a few minutes on each side. Place the bacon in a large I've spent years trying to find a good Campbells Bean & Bacon soup clone – – – this is it! Made as directed and it was good. Tweaked it just a bit by. Pinto beans with sautéed onions, bacon, and pan roasted jalapenos.