Crockpot Calico Beans. These calico beans are always a hit! Ground beef, a tomato-based or barbecue sauce, and a variety of beans are combined to make the perfect cookout beans. Click Play to See This Slow Cooker Calico Beans Recipe Come Together.
Now you can cook up calico beans all day, low and slow and have a delicious dinner when you get home. It doesn't matter if you call them Calico Beans or Trucker Beans, or Cowboy Beans or Prairie Beans, this dish This recipe is foolproof and flexible and quick to make! How to Make Crockpot Calico Beans-My Version. You can have Crockpot Calico Beans using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Calico Beans
- It’s 1 lb. of hamburger.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 cans of pork and beans.
- It’s 1 can of great northern beans, drained.
- It’s 1 can of pinto beans, drained.
- You need 1 can of kidney beans, drained.
- You need 10-12 slices of bacon, cooked & crumbled.
- It’s 1 cup of ketchup.
- You need 1 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 Tbsp. of white vinegar.
- Prepare of Few dashes of your favorite hot sauce.
- It’s of Seasonings of choice:.
- Prepare of pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin.
Lay bacon(if using)across top of beans. Remove bacon and discard, or chop into small pieces and stir back into beans. Cooking Recipes / Crock Pot Calico Beans. This is the perfect side dish for any bbq or family gathering.
Crockpot Calico Beans step by step
- Brown hamburger along with onions and seasonings of choice in skillet until thoroughly cooked; drain..
- Open and drain cans of beans with exception of pork and beans..
- Place cooked hamburger in crockpot..
- Add beans..
- Add cooked, crumbled bacon..
- Add ketchup and brown sugar..
- Mix well to combine. Cook in crockpot for 4 hours on low..
- 30 minutes before serving, add in white vinegar and hot sauce (as many dashes as you like). I did about 6 shakes..
- Enjoy along with some cornbread if your budget allows! Cornbread is another fantastic cheap side!.
I mean who doesn't like Calico Beans? Pork and beans, kidney beans, butter beans, and lima beans mix it up with browned ground beef and bacon in a sweet and tangy sauce for a crowd-pleasing one-dish meal. We love cooking with crockpots because they make flavorful meals with little effort. Try a mix and match of beans with this recipe. Be the first to review this recipe.