Moroccan oven fish with chermoula. Moroccan cooking made simple and easy. Modern Moroccan, recipes, cuisine and dishes. Traditionally this recipe is prepared with a whole fish stuffed with chermoula, on a bed of sliced potatoes, carrots and tomatoes and topped with sliced bell peppers.
Sprinkle coarse salt into the cuts, close up the lemons and put them in a large jar. There must be enough to cover the fish. Chermoula is an incredibly tasty Moroccan marinade for fish. You can cook Moroccan oven fish with chermoula using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Moroccan oven fish with chermoula
- Prepare 1 of whole fish of your choice.
- It’s 2 of potatoes.
- You need 1 of tomato.
- Prepare 1 of lemon.
- It’s 1 of capsicum.
- Prepare 1 of diced red onion.
- Prepare of Chopped Parsley and celentro.
- It’s of Salt, black pepper, paprika, cumin, dried ginger, garlic,.
- You need of Chilli if you like the spicy taste.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
With different levels of spiciness depending on your taste, this simple marinade Although each country has its version of chermoula, and there are several variations, the taste is always very similar. Chermoula is close to relish in. Healthy and delicious baked fish Moroccan style! Healthy and delicious baked fish Moroccan style!
Moroccan oven fish with chermoula step by step
- Clean the fish and soak it in lemon juice salt and water for 2 hours.
- Cut the vegetables into thin slices and start laying starting with chopped onion, potato, capsicum.
- In an other bowl mix the chopped parsley, cilantro, diced garlic,lemon juice, spices and olive oil and add diced chilli if desired until you get a paste we call chermoula.
- Marinate the fish with half of chermoula paste and to the rest add some water and pour it over the vegetables.
- Add the fish on top and add tomato slices and put it in the over on 180 ° for 45 mints.
- After it's done serve it warm and voilà enjoy.
A recipe that will become part of your family menu! If using whole fish, coat the cavity. Scatter with sliced olives and pour any remaining sauce/paste over the top. Finally a fish recipe on the blog and what a tasty one! I love this tagine, it's so fragrant, lemony, vibrant, healthy and super easy to prepare.