Earl Grey Scones for the airfryer.
You can have Earl Grey Scones for the airfryer using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Earl Grey Scones for the airfryer
- You need 2 cups of plain or cake flour.
- It’s 115 ml of or 1/2 cup milk.
- You need 2.5 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of sugar (you can use 1/4 cup sugar if you prefer less).
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter.
- It’s 1 of earl grey tea bag.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- It’s of Optional 1/4 cup of black currants or white chocolate chips. Just as good a scone plain.
Earl Grey Scones for the airfryer step by step
- In a small bowl that will fit in an airfryer place 1/2 cup milk in with an earl grey tea bag. I have a local tea shop and use a loose leaf which I find much better than store bought. Place the bowl in the airfryer. You will heat the tea and milk in your airfryer for 8 minutes at 250 f. (120 degrees). Set aside and let steep for 15 minutes or more. You should periodically squeeze or move the tea bag to obtain the flavour and a darker brown milk..
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into a large mixing bowl. Make a decision as to whether you want to add currants or white chocolate bits to this for a change. It’s just as good without..
- Add the 1/2 cup butter. Oops I put a cup in…it still works out I just use less of the milk mixture and add a tiny more flour..
- Rub butter into flour mixture until It resembles coarse crumbs. Try to use tip of your fingers or cut in with a kitchen tool to cause less heat transfer. The less heat transfer to the batter the better the scones turn out. place batter in the fridge to keep cool..
- If it has been 15 minutes or more and your milk mixture is a lovely brown colour and has cooled down then add egg and whisk..
- Remove your cold flour mixture from fridge. add milk and egg mixture to the cold flour mixture. Do not over mix but ensure that the dry and wet mixture are just combined. Tip do not over mix or scones will be tough..
- Preheat airfryer at 400 f (200 degrees) for 5 minutes..
- Roll dough into round shapes and lay them on baking paper or a floured surface. Use a cookie cutter if you want to obtain a sharper edge. I just put them into a circle and cut into four pieces. Brush with some milk. Brushing with the milk in an evenly and light motion makes scone look consistently brown when cooked..
- Bake scones in airfryer at 400 f (200 degrees) for 4 minutes. Then turn down airfryer to 350 f and cook for 6 minutes until a golden brown. You can insert a toothpick to see if it comes clean but I do not bother as they have always been cooked for me..