Fiona's mincemeat cake. One thing I make every Christmas season is After making the requisite Mincemeat Tarts (also known as Mince Pies), I'm always left with the. Mincemeat Cake. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Meanwhile, mix the topping ingredients together in a bowl.
Holiday Mincemeat Cake, Mincemeat Cake, Mincemeat Cake With Cinnamon And Total Greek Yoghurt Icing. Beat until creamy and of spreading consistency. Colombo writes: "This mincemeat cake is one of our family favorites." This Mincemeat Cake could be classified as a "Quick" Bread because of how it's mixed and that it is baked in a loaf pan. You can cook Fiona's mincemeat cake using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fiona's mincemeat cake
- Prepare 115 grams of butter.
- You need 115 grams of caster sugar (regular white sugar).
- It’s 3 each of eggs.
- Prepare 340 grams of mincemeat (the kind you get at Christmas in jars. its not meat but a mixture of currants cherries suet etc).
- It’s 200 grams of self raising flour.
- It’s 1 dash of milk.
The batter is made by just mixing the dry ingredients together in one bowl.. For a festive touch, glaze the cake top and decorate it with red and green candied cherries. —Priscilla Gilbert, Indian Harbour Beach, Florida. I made this cake one year for Christmas when I was short of time and wasn't able to make a pie. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk.
Fiona's mincemeat cake instructions
- Grease a 7inch round cake tin.
- Cream butter and sugar together (ie beat together until it looks light).
- Beat in eggs to the sugar and butter mix. Beat in one at a time until combined.
- Stir in the mincemeat and fold in the flour. The mixture should be moist and not too stiff add a little milk if necessary.
- Bake at 325°F for 10 minutes then lower to 300°F for 30-40 minutes the cake is ready when it shrinks from the sides of the pan.
- Make a coffee sit with your feet up and enjoy a slice :-).
This cake will be moist To mincemeat add raisins, nutmeats, sugar, butter,. If you don't have the gumption to make fruitcake, a mince cake is far easier and has similar flavours, with a finer, cakier texture. If you love mincemeat but fancy a change from mince pies, try these quick, healthy mincemeat cake bars. These treat-sized cake bars will satisfy your festive urge. Mincemeat Bar Cookies for Coolmonday. food.com.