Mike's Favorite Spinach Artichoke Dip.
You can cook Mike's Favorite Spinach Artichoke Dip using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's Favorite Spinach Artichoke Dip
- You need of Spinach Artichoke Dip.
- Prepare 1 of 15 oz Jar Bertolli Or Ragu Alfredo Sauce.
- You need 1 of 10 oz Box Frozen Spinach [fully drained – or, 10 ozs canned].
- You need 2 can of 8.5 oz Artichokes [in water – fully drained & rough chopped].
- Prepare 1 packages of 8 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese [room temp].
- It’s 1/2 cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese [kraft powdered works in a desperate pinch].
- It’s 2 cup of Shreadded Mozterella Cheese [room temp].
- You need 1/4 cup of Fresh Garlic [packed – finely miced – or, 1 large elephant garlic clove].
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Fresh Parsley [or, 1/2 tbs dried parsley].
- Prepare 15 of Twists Fresh Cracked Black Pepper [or, 1/4 tsp].
- It’s of Options.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sun Dried Tomatoes [softened – fine chopped].
- You need 4 oz of Real Crab Meat [pull any shells].
- Prepare dash of Paprika Or Old Bay Seasoning.
- Prepare of Kitchen Items.
- You need 1 of Length Cheese Cloth Or Sturdy Paper Towels.
- Prepare 1 of Warming – Serving Crock Pot.
- You need 1 of Plastic Mixing Bowl.
- It’s 1 of Glass Bowl With Lid.
- You need 1 of Mixing Spoon.
- Prepare 1 of Cutting Board.
- It’s 1 of Knife.
Mike's Favorite Spinach Artichoke Dip instructions
- Here's all you'll need!.
- For your Alfredo Sauce, use only bottled Bertolli Alfredo Sauce or, ironically enough, Ragu Classic Alfredo Sauce. A much cheaper option. Any other brands will most likely lend a, "tin," or, "metallic," taste to your dip..
- ° Make certain your artichokes and spinach are fully drained. In fact, use cheese cloth and fully squeeze drain your spinach. This will take several attempts to fully drain out its copious fluids. If you don't have any cheese cloth on hand, use thick paper towels to squeeze fluid. This step is very important since otherwise, you'll have a watery dip. ° Fully dry your artichokes with clean paper towels both before and after rough chopping and mixing them in your dip. ° Also, fine chop your sun dried tomatoes – if choosing to use them. Know they're a unique and fantastic addition!.
- Fine mince your garlic. I'll grade mine for ease. Then, rough chop your artichokes and spinach..
- ° Mix all ingredients in anything other than a metal bowl very well. Mix until spinach is fully incorporated. ° A metal bowl can react to your Alfredo Sauce and artichokes and again, inadvertently lend them an odd, "metallic taste.".
- In your oven safe bowl with lid – bake at 350° for 35 to 45 minutes. Or, until dip is bubbling. Pull from oven and stir once more..
- ° Authors Notes: You can add many ingredients of your choosing to this dish but one of the most popular is real crab meat. However, be careful in using it. ° #1: Carefully sift through your crab meat for any shells. And #2: Adding more crab meat is not better with regards to this dish. Add meat slowly and taste test as crab can easily overpower your entire dip. ° If choosing this seafood option, garnish dip with Old Bay Seasoning or Paprika if you'd like. ° Also know that the shelf life of your dip will be much shorter with the crab meat addition than without it. ° Lastly, know that the options of crab meat AND sun dried tomatoes will not work very well together. In my experience anyway. Use one or the other. Or, neither. Your choice!.
- If interested in the large chips pictured: Cut 6" fresh, thick tortillas into quarters. Fry in hot vegetable oil with a few dashes garlic oil for 1 minute or less – flipping occasionally until browned. Place on paper towels to drain. Immediately sprinkle with dried parsley first so it'll stick to chips. Then, sea salt, granulated garlic powder and onion powder. That's it! Enjoy!.