Pondicherry Egg Curry. Pondicherry Style Egg Curry – Muthaiy curry. The coastal city of Pondicherry has been greatly influenced by the French as it was a French colony for a long time before independence. Pondicherry cuisine is primarily based on Tamil cuisine but with a lot of influence from the french.
Learnt this recipe from my Mother In Law who is an expert in cook. The curry is cooked in coconut milk and some spices. See great recipes for Pondicherry Egg Curry, Veggi egg curry too! You can cook Pondicherry Egg Curry using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pondicherry Egg Curry
- It’s 8 of boiled eggs + 1 egg.
- You need 2 of onions chopped fine.
- You need 4 of green chillies.
- You need 1 sprig of curry leaves.
- It’s 2 of tomatoes chopped fine.
- You need 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need leaves of Fresh coriander.
- It’s 1 of Tbsp+ 2 Tbsp oil.
- You need 1 tsp of fennel/ saunf.
- Prepare 50 gms of cleaned prawns.
- Prepare 1 cup of thick coconut milk.
Pondicherry Tourism Pondicherry Hotels Pondicherry Guest House. Pappd and Egg curry with two boiled. Perfect egg curry recipe to be served with rice. This recipe again is from my mom's newspaper cuttings dating many years back.
Pondicherry Egg Curry step by step
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a Pan,add little turmeric and a spoon of pepper powder..,add the boiled eggs.. saute for a minute..set aside.
- In the same Pan add 2 tbsp oil..add 1 tsp fennel/ saunf..Crush together the onion,green chillies and curry leaves..add to the pan and stir fry till onions turn translucent.now add the prawns..saute for a min…
- Add the ginger garlic paste,red chilli powder,turmeric powder and saute till raw smell of the masala goes..Next coarsely puree the tomatoes and add to the masala..cook for a while..when it starts bubbling add the coconut milk,check seasoning,cover and cook for a couple of mins..
- When the curry begins to boil add the raw egg, stir to mix well and get cooked.
- Once the raw egg is set add the boiled eggs..cook for 2 mins…add juice of a lemon and sprinkle fresh coriander…
- Egg curry is ready..Serve with hot steaming rice….
She likes to save recipes from magazines / papers that she finds interesting and keeps it for me. See great recipes for Pondicherry Egg Curry, Veggi egg curry, Egg Curry too! I have adapted this recipe from The Pondicherry Kitchen: Traditional recipes from the Indo-French territory by Lourdes Tirouvanziam-Louis. I personally thought that the original recipe presented was rather bland. So I changed some things around and added in a different.