Curry Laksa. An authentic curry laksa recipe from Malaysia and Singapore, 'laksa lemak' is a typical Nyonya or Peranakan curry noodles dish. The amazing broth of this curry laksa or a.k.a curry mee is a combination of a special chilli paste and rich coconut milk. Curry Laksa (Curry Mee) is one of the signature dishes of the Malaysian Chinese community.
This dish is simply known as curry mee in the northern part of Malaysia. Laksa is a spicy noodle soup popular in the Peranakan cuisine of Southeast Asia. Laksa consists of thick wheat noodles or rice vermicelli with chicken, prawn or fish, served in spicy soup based on either rich and spicy curry coconut milk or on sour asam (tamarind or gelugur). You can cook Curry Laksa using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Curry Laksa
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of red curry paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of mild curry powder.
- Prepare 100 g of sliced chicken thigh.
- Prepare 200 ml of coconut milk (TCC or Ayam).
- Prepare 2 cups of chicken stock.
- It’s 100 g of potato.
- It’s 1/2 cup of zucchini.
- It’s 1/2 cup of capsicum.
- You need 200 g of peeled prawns.
- Prepare 100 g of fish balls.
- It’s 8 of tofu puffs (if using).
- You need 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sugar (if reqd).
- It’s 400 g of noodles (200g for 2).
- Prepare of Bean shoots, boiled eggs and coriander leaves to serve.
Laksa is found in Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, and Southern Thailand. Add half of coconut milk and cook, stirring, until reduced by. Curry Laksa, a tasty and spicy Malaysian coconut based curried noodle soup topped with shredded chicken, shrimps, fried tofu, and bean sprouts. The origins of Curry Laksa is lost in the midst of history.
Curry Laksa step by step
- Heat the oil in a wok or saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for half a minute or until fragrant. Stir through the curry powder. Then add the chicken and stir-fry for a minute or so. Add the coconut milk, chicken stock and potato. Simmer for 5 minutes..
- Now add the zucchini, capsicum, prawns and fish balls, along with the tofu puffs (if using). Simmer for a another few minutes or until the prawns are cooked..
- Stir through fish sauce and sugar and season to taste if more needed. Ladle over noodles and add bean shoots, boiled egg and coriander leaves..
It is probably a fusion of Chinese noodles and Southeast Asian curries and many would agree this concoction is a "marrirage made in heaven". Make the Laksa paste- see the notes below (or use store-bought laksa paste).; Cook rice noodles according to directions. In a large heavy bottom soup pot or dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. There are a few types of laksa in Malaysia, and this paste is used to make Nyonya Curry Laksa. The secret ingredient is dried shrimp, which add such depth.