Aloo gobi curry. Serve aloo gobi masala with rotis, parathas or naan. You can also serve it with steamed basmati rice or cumin rice or saffron rice. Aloo Gobhi Instant Pot – cauliflower and potatoes curry with onions, tomatoes, turmeric, red chili powder, cumin-coriander powder and garam masala!
Aloo gobi recipe or Gobi aloo dhaba style. This aloo gobi curry is also part of my Indian vegetarian recipes and Indian cooking recipes series. Home > Recipes > Curry > Aloo gobi (potato and cauliflower curry). You can cook Aloo gobi curry using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Aloo gobi curry
- Prepare 1 of whole gobi.
- Prepare 3 of potatoes.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- You need 2 of tomatoes.
- You need 2 tsp of chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 0.25 cup of yogurt.
- You need 1 tsp of kasuri methi.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of coriander leaves.
- It’s 3 tsp of roasted gram.
- You need 10 of cashews.
- It’s 0.5 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 stick of cinnamon.
- Prepare 5-6 of cardamom seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of jaggery/sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 5 of ginger pieces small.
- You need of Jeera/ cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander powder.
Aloo gobi (spiced potatoes and cauliflower) is one of my favourite Indian dishes. This vegetarian Indian potato and cauliflower curry is a brilliant meal to make on the cheap. This Punjabi potato and cauliflower curry is now a prized dish across India and Pakistan. But for the best texture, should the potatoes be waxy or floury?
Aloo gobi curry step by step
- In a pan take 2 tsp oil. Add onion, ginger garlic paste and ginger. sauté for awhile until onions turn golden brown. Now add cashews and tomatoes and sauté for 5 minutes..
- Cool it and blend the ingredients in mixer with roasted gram and 3 tbsp raw rice seeds. (This is to give thickness).
- Now in a pan take oil and sauté with jeera, bay leaf and cinnamon stick..
- Further add chilli powder, turmeric and garam masala and sauté in low flame for around a minute. This is to give a bright colour to the gravy. Now mix the onion and tomato paste and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Also add coriander powder, salt and sugar..
- Further add potatoes and a cup of water and boil it for 10 minutes.
- Now add gobi to the same mixture and boil it for another 15 minutes until gobi is cooked well. Add Yogurt. Add water if required..
- Now add crushed kasuri methi and coriander leaves and serve it hot with roti..
And which spices bring out its comforting warmth? Easy and simple to make Aloo Gobi Curry! Aloo Gobi is famous recipe in India made from cauliflower. It can also be clubbed in lentils, gravies, pastas, mashed cauliflower, soups etc. Quite simply it is a simple potato and cauliflower curry.