Jamacian Style Curry Chicken. So I used this recipe just spooned the outed extra oil and simmered down for a longer time so the gravy could thicken. also u could add small pieces of potato to the simmering process. it will help thicken gravy and make it more hearty! When I think of this dish, I straight away get pulled back to the Indian heritage and cuisine. Influenced with the Indian style of cooking chicken and goat meat, this recipe is loaded with flavors and is a perfect meal for everyday dinners.
Serve with white rice or roti. Jamaican Curry Chicken is rich, spicy and hearty with great flavor. Jamaican Curry Chicken is one of the favorite dishes of Jamaicans. You can cook Jamacian Style Curry Chicken using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Jamacian Style Curry Chicken
- It’s 1 package of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 2-4 tbs of curry powder.
- It’s 1 tbs of ground all spice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare of Salt for water.
- Prepare to taste of Thyme.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbs of white vinegar.
- Prepare 1 of red tomato.
- You need 1 of onion (red or yellow).
- You need 2 of carrots.
- It’s 1 of red pepper.
- You need 1 of green pepper.
- You need 1 of green onion/scallion.
- You need 2 tbs of minced garlic.
- It’s 4-6 of white potatoes.
- You need 2 of scotch bonnet peppers (optional).
- It’s 2 tbs of sofrito (optional..I used bc I didn't have scotch bonnet).
If you are looking for the real Jamaican-style curry chicken try our easy-to-follow recipe. Chop chicken into serving pieces, and wash with vinegar or lime, then set aside. In a large cooking pot heat up the cooking oil. When oil is hot, add in the garlic, black pepper, onion, scallions, and fresh thyme.
Jamacian Style Curry Chicken instructions
- Rinse chicken with water. Cut into bite size pieces. Place in salt water..
- Pat dry. Chop onion, peppers, tomato & scallon. Add 2tbs curry powder, all spice, black pepper to chicken. Add vegetables & minced garlic. (Add sofrito if desired) Marinate overnight in the fridge..
- Over medium heat add olive oil & 2 tbs curry powder. Add seasoned chicken mixture to pan, let brown 10 minutes. Chop potatoes & put in water so they don't turn. Chop carrots..
- After 10 minutes, add potatoes, carrits & thyme. (Fresh is better, but my store didn't have any). Add vinegar. (Your choice to add water, I added half of the potato water to get a little sauce for rice). Allow to simmer on medium-low to low for 45 minutes with the lid on. Serve over white rice. Add a sprinkle of salt if desired..
Cut and wash chicken: Cut chicken into serving pieces (not too small) and remove and discard skin. Pour lemon juice over chicken, wash in cold water, drain well and dry with paper towel. This is how you make a traditional Jamaican curry chicken dinner. Curry chicken was first introduced to Jamaica by Indian immigrants who brought many different spices and even fruits to Jamaica. This has been a staple of almost every Jamaican home for centuries.