West Indies Curry. West Indies Curry ChickenWhat Smells So Good. A three-hour long simmer brings all the great elements of my West Indian inspired curry chicken that I made for my dad. Curried goat is a popular dish in the West Indies, but lamb makes a fine substitute here in the United States, where goat meat is hard to.
Extremely easy to prepare and delicious with standard Caribbean fare. The region known as the British West Indies included British Guiana on the South American mainland, British Honduras in Central America, Bermuda, The Bahamas, and Jamaica, along with its former dependencies of the Cayman Islands and the Turks and Caicos Islands. Fish Curry (or Fish Curry Rice, as it's frequently called) is a staple dish in Goa. You can have West Indies Curry using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of West Indies Curry
- You need 1 pound of chicken breast or breast cutlets.
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1/2 cup of dark rum.
- You need 1 can of coconut milk.
- It’s 2 stalks of lemon grass.
- You need 3 of thai peppers (habanero or jalapeño also work).
- Prepare 3 bunches of thai pepper.
- It’s of Salt for seasoning.
- You need 2 tablespoons of thai red curry paste.
It's one of the most This mildly-spicy but rich north Indian curry features meat or vegetables that have been marinated in. West indies curry served with roti and rice. Colombo Powder (French West Indies "Curry Pow. Try this Colombo Powder (French West Indies "Curry Pow recipe, or contribute your own.
West Indies Curry instructions
- In a large ziplock leave the following refrigerated overnight or for at least 2 hrs. Slice the chicken into 1.5 inch dices (about 7 per breast). Chop half the large onion in big chunks, 2 thai peppers, half a cup of dark rum, 2 of the 4 garlic cloves tiny chopped and half of the lemongrass stalks..
- Heat a pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Only remove the chicken from the ziplock fry until cooked (aprox 7-10 min). Season chicken with salt..
- In a different pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, add half a cut onion (julienned) and the rest of the garlic and lemongrass. Aprox 3-5 min, bring to a simmer..
- Add the cooked chicken and 3/4 of the coconut milk, thai basil leaves into the pan with the veggies, cook for 2 min and then add the red curry paste. Bring down temperature stir and cook for an extra 5 minutes..
- Serve with alone or with Jasmine rice..
In the West Indies, curry is a very popular dish. The Indian indentured servants that were brought over from India by different European powers brought this dish to the West Indies. Dutch Indies Curry Recipe. by CookEatShare Cookbook. Grilled West Indies Spice Rubbed Chicken Breast. Colombo Powder (French West Indies "Curry Pow.