Hawkers Inspired Curry. Great recipe for Hawkers Inspired Curry. This curry was inspired by hawkers Asian steeet fare curry that is their signature curry sauce. I totally shot from the hip creating this recipe so feel free to adjust.
I only use about a cup of the sauce and store the rest for later, or freeze it. Hawkers Asian Street Fare of Windermere: Sharable small plate "street eats", inspired from the Hawkers stands of Southeast Asia. Enjoy a wide variety of noodle dishes and soups, wok-fired specialities, skewers, rice bowls, hand helds, salads, and desserts. You can cook Hawkers Inspired Curry using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hawkers Inspired Curry
- It’s of For the sauce:.
- Prepare 14 oz of Unsweetened coconut cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of tahini (or natural peanut butter).
- It’s 1/2 cup of tamarind liquid concentrate.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 2 1/2 tbsp of chili oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of yellow curry powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of graham marsala.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of rice wine vinn.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 3 tbsp of dark brown sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of mirin.
- Prepare of The rest:.
- You need 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 3 tbsp of grated yellow onion.
- You need 10 oz of wood ear mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced chicken breast.
- Prepare of Bell pepper chopped.
- Prepare of Cilantro (fine chopped).
I totally shot from the hip creating this recipe so feel free to adjust. I only use about a cup of the sauce and store the rest for later, or freeze it. Great recipe for Spicy dry jerk rubbed smoked chicken wings. If you are going to attempt this recipe just keep in mind that there is no substitute for the jerk seasoning I use.
Hawkers Inspired Curry step by step
- Add al the ingredients under the sauce ingredients except for the garlic and onion and whisk, set aside..
- Add 3 tbsp of ghee to a wok and once heated add the garlic and onion for a few minutes until fragrant..
- Add the liquid ingredients along with a couple tbsp of cilantro and bring to a low simmer and cook for around 15 minutes and set aside in a glass container and wipe the wok clean..
- Add a couple tbsp of evo and once heated add the chicken until mostly cooked through and set aside..
- Add the bell pepper and mushroom and simmer until the liquid from the veggies is evaporated and you get color on the veggies..
- Add the chicken back along with the sauce and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Serve over white rice and finish with cilantro and chopped peanuts..
The badia jerk seasoning has little to no salt. The rub is essential to provide a crust and you want a heavy rub on the. How to Make Ultra Crispy Pork Belly (Siu Yuk) Spicy Water Spinach (Sambal Kangkong/马来风光). Vegetarian Bee Hoon (Zai Mi Fen) Fried Chee Cheong Fun (Rice Rolls) Recipe. Rice noodles with shrimp and sliced chicken, wok-fired in a tangy, red chili pepper sauce with eggs and veggies.