Crispy Curry Chickpeas. Toss chickpeas with oil, curry powder, and salt on a rimmed baking sheet until coated. The crispy texture of the chickpeas is due to roasting in an oven. It is a very healthy snack option for both kids and adults.
These chickpeas fit the bill, with their dreamy curry flavor, a little smokiness from smoked paprika, and those savory hits of cumin and garlic powder. All of my favorite spices, rolled around one crispy little bean. While these roasted crispy chickpeas are equally good as snack or appetizers, you can serve them in so many other ways too. You can have Crispy Curry Chickpeas using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crispy Curry Chickpeas
- You need 2 cups of canned chickpeas drained.
- You need 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of curry powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of paprika.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt or to taste.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper optional.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of mushroom essence or Hondashi optional.
These roasted crispy chickpeas are great as salad toppings. Buttery croutons be gone -we have healthy crunchy crispy chickpeas as topping for my favorite salad. Here are my tips for making perfect crispy roasted chickpeas. Rinse the chickpeas under cold water and drain them well.
Crispy Curry Chickpeas instructions
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and set aside..
- In a large bowl, toss the chickpeas with olive oil. Then, add in the dry ingredients and toss, making sure all chickpeas are coated with seasoning..
- In a lightly greased cake pan or bake ware, air fry the chickpeas at 360F (180C) for about 23-25 minutes, shake the basket a 3-4 times in the middle, until the surface is crisp and lightly golden brown..
Toss the chickpeas with the spices. Sprinkle the spices if using over the chickpeas and stir to coat evenly. I went for canned because: easy. But I also suspect you could use home-cooked if that's your thing. The less moist (ew, sorry) the chickpeas are, the crispier they will become!