Gulai Ayam (Padang-Style Chicken Curry). Here's the complete recipe for Padang Style Chicken Curry made easier with EGK Crispy Fried Onions. Click here to print the recipe. Padang style chicken curry, is reminiscence of my younger years, thanks to a Padang food stall in my campus that I frequented more often than I'd like to admit.
It is originally from West Sumatra (Padang). It can be classified as an Indonesian curry. Gulai ayam Padang is much closer to Indian curry compared to kari ayam. You can have Gulai Ayam (Padang-Style Chicken Curry) using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Gulai Ayam (Padang-Style Chicken Curry)
- Prepare 500 g of Chicken.
- Prepare 1 stalk of lemongrass (bruised).
- You need 1/2 inch of galangal (bruised).
- It’s 2 of bay leaf.
- You need 2 of kaffir lime leaf.
- Prepare 5 of shallot.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 of candlenut.
- Prepare 1/2 inch of ginger.
- Prepare 1 inch of turmeric.
- You need 5 of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of chicken stock powder.
- Prepare 100 ml of water.
- Prepare 300 ml of coconut milk.
Notice that we are using a lot more spices for this recipe resulting in a richer and spicier taste. This gulai telur Padang is one of them. Gulai Telur is very easy to make. I know if you look at the list of ingredients, you probably just gonna run the other It seems like a trip back to Indonesia needs to happen soon because I'm missing Padang food so much!
Gulai Ayam (Padang-Style Chicken Curry) instructions
- Marinate chicken with lime juice for 10 minutes. Blend garlic, shallot, candlenut, ginger, turmeric, cayenne pepper, cumin, coriander and 1 Tbsp water with food processor..
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil on skillet with medium fire. Add the blended spices, bay leaf, kaffir lime leaf, lemongrass and galangal into skillet and stir it until fragrant. Add chicken and water, then cook it for 5 minutes until chicken is half-cooked..
- Add coconut milk, salt, sugar and chicken stock powder. Mix it well and simmer for 20 minutes until the sauce becomes slightly thickened. Keep stiring while cooking. Taste the sauce, add more salt if it's needed..
- Gulai Ayam is ready to serve with rice ✨.
Gulai Telur Padang (Padang-style Eggs in. Find Ayam Gulai Padang Popular Dish Chicken stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock Ayam Gulai Padang. A popular dish of chicken curry from Padang, West Sumatra. Served on a bamboo bowl and surrounded with several. Gulai merupakan salah satu jenis masakan yang popular di Indonesia dan di Malaysia.