Red curry fish. The secret for a GREAT Red Thai fish curry is, of course. Everyday Food Made To Taste Great. This Thai red fish curry is no exception at all; you will realize it as soon as you try it for the very first Like any Thai curry, this Thai red fish curry is also made with different combination of veggies and.
Its authentic preparation involves cooking in a clay pot, as it is. Instant Pot Fish Curry is inspired by a popular fish curry that's traditional in the Southern part of India. This mild coconut milk-based curry with a tinge of tartness is so quick and easy to make. You can cook Red curry fish using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Red curry fish
- Prepare 1 of thumb-sized knob of ginger, minced.
- You need 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 of shallot, minced.
- You need 2 tbsp of red curry paste.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need 1 can of unsweetened coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 of carrot, sliced thinly.
- It’s 2 tbsp of maple syrup.
- Prepare 2 of fillets haddock, cod or basa, cut into 2 inch chunks.
- You need 1 of eggplant, sliced into 1/2 inch thick half-moons.
- Prepare 1 of lime.
- You need of Cilantro for garnish.
Red curry is a popular Thai dish consisting of red curry paste cooked in coconut milk with meat added, such as chicken, beef, pork, duck or shrimp, or vegetarian protein source such as tofu. The base Thai red curry paste (Thai: พริกแกงเผ็ด, RTGS: phrik kaeng phet). Try our quick fish curry recipe with Thai red curry paste. Black drum fish. red curry fish.
Red curry fish step by step
- Add a good splash of peanut oil to a pan on medium-high heat. Add the ginger, garlic and shallot and fry 2 to 3 minutes until fragrant..
- Stir in the curry paste and continue frying another 2 to 3 minutes..
- Add the fish sauce. Continue cooking for a minute, then add the coconut milk and carrots..
- Simmer until the sauce reduces a bit (about 5 minutes), then add the maple syrup. Carefully lay in the fish and add the eggplant. Simmer another 5 to 10 minutes until the fish is cooked and the eggplant is soft but not mushy. Carefully turn the fish over about halfway through..
- Cut the lime into quarters. Squeeze one quarter over the fish and sauce. Cut the remaining quarters into wedges. Serve the curry over rice with a sprinkle of chopped cilantro and a lime wedge..
This little place was a diamond In the rough. My husband and I popped In here to grab some Our server was fantastic very attentive and friendly. We shared the red curry fish and it was. Rau Ram livens up Red Curry Fish Stew. This Asian herb is similar in flavor to cilantro that has bolted.