Thai Green Chicken Curry. Make this savory chicken dish with Thai green curry paste, available in Asian markets, for a fast weeknight dinner. The Thai green curry paste ingredients are an epic flavour combo that won't disappoint. Authentic Thai green curry recipe from Pailin Chongchitnant of Hot Thai Kitchen!
This easy green curry is made with chicken, coconut milk, fresh herbs, and lime. Fresh curry paste requires home cooks to source a few obscure ingredients, but the prep is quite simple. The reward for this work lies in the flavor – fresh green curry has a vibrant flavor that a store-bought paste just can't. You can cook Thai Green Chicken Curry using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Thai Green Chicken Curry
- You need of Coconut milk solids (Chaokoh brand).
- It’s 4 oz of green curry paste (Maesri brand).
- Prepare 4 of chicken thighs (cut into bite sized pieces).
- You need 1 tbs of fish sauce and salt (to taste).
- Prepare 4-5 of Thai eggplants (cut into bite sized pieces).
- You need of Thai basil.
- Prepare of Sliced chilli.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- You need of Chicken feet or fish (optional substitution for thighs).
Popular in central Thailand, green curry is a dish combining a paste made with ingredients such as green chilis, ginger, lemongrass, fish sauce, and The consistency of the sauce can be adjusted by the amount of coconut milk used. This Thai green curry chicken recipe features chunks of tender. Save time by using ready-made paste in this truly tasty Thai green curry. Delicious and easy green curry with chicken in rich coconut curry sauce.
Thai Green Chicken Curry instructions
- Brown and thicken the coconut milk solids with the curry paste, cook until thick and bubbly.
- Cook the chicken (or chicken feet) in the coconut milk and curry paste.
- Add water to adjust thickness and bring back to a boil.
- Add Thai eggplant and cook until soft (~10 minutes), do not overstir when softened or the eggplant will break apart.
- If using fish instead of chicken, add after eggplant is cooked.
- Add fish sauce and salt (Bangkok people prefer salt over fish sauce and plara).
- Garnish with Thai basil and sliced chili.
- Eat with rice or Thai rice noodles.
In Thailand, the curry is made with these. Quick Thai Green Curry Chicken with Homemade Paste (Low FODMAP). Luckily, when it comes to Thai green curry, it is shockingly easy. This green curry chicken recipe is amazingly easy–simple enough for dinner any night of the week. Seriously, why order takeout when you can make THIS authentic Thai green curry chicken?