Dairy Free Creme Brulee. Dairy Free Crème Brulee- rich and creamy vanilla custard with that perfect caramelized sugar crack. Easily made in your Instant Pot, or in your oven. This page may contain affiliate links.
The key here (and the thing that messes up many novice crème brulee makers) is that we don't want the mixture to completely solidify in the oven. Crème brûlée is one of the first desserts Philip made for me on our first Christmas we celebrated together, and the first three course meal he ever made for me – arugula salad, duck with a cherry glaze and a dairy-free crème brûlée. Three taps of a spoon cracks the caramelized sugar. You can have Dairy Free Creme Brulee using 4 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dairy Free Creme Brulee
- You need 2 cans of 20-22% fat coconut cream.
- You need 12 of egg yolks.
- It’s 3 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
This dairy-free and refined-sugar free version is just as decadent as the classic version but lightened up with a secret healthy ingredient! Today we're talking about How to Make Creme Brûlée because holidays are made for this special treat! But I'm here to let you in on a little secret: it's really easy to. This vegan crème brulee is naturally dairy-free, gluten-free, and soy-free, yet it has a creamy custard-like texture with a crisp sugary topping.
Dairy Free Creme Brulee instructions
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Separate cream from coconut water in the can, reserve water for other recipes..
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Line bottom of cake pan with water.
- Pour batter into ramekins or glass containers.
- Place containers into water bath.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes until custard texture.
- After removing from water bath let cool briefly..
- Evenly coat top with sugar, toast with torch..
For nut-free vegan creme brulee, you can substitute sunflower seed butter for the cashew butter, but note that it will change the flavor profile a touch. Our dairy-free Crème Brûlée recipe is one you're sure to make all year round. Split the vanilla bean in half and scrape out the seeds. This dense, lightly sweet dairy-free creme brulee is the delicious cousin of it's dairy-full favorite. But unlike some other dairy-free creme brulee recipes you won't have to worry about it not setting.