Herbed Tomato & Onion Omelette – Dairy free (or not). A cheesy herbed tomato and gruyere pie filled with roasted cherry tomatoes and basil. Tomato pie that will change your life!! Roasted cherry tomatoes, caramelized onions, and basil topped with a cheese layer, then fresh tomato slices, THEN MORE CHEESE.
Add the tomatoes, basil, parsley, thyme. This herbed tomato bread uses no yeast and is vegan. The crust has the perfect amount of chew, and the tomato and herb-scented interior is springy but not dry. You can have Herbed Tomato & Onion Omelette – Dairy free (or not) using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Herbed Tomato & Onion Omelette – Dairy free (or not)
- It’s 2 of (if small) eggs, whisked.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Soy milk (option w/dairy, whatever milk you like).
- Prepare Dash of nutmeg powder.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Cooking oil.
- Prepare 1 of small red onion, diced.
- It’s 1 tsp of diced bell pepper or capsicum.
- You need 1 of tomato, sliced.
- It’s Dash of dried mixed herbs (can be Italian mix).
- You need to taste of Salt & Pepper.
- It’s to taste of Butter (optional or use non dairy).
- Prepare of Shavings of mozzarella (optional! If w/dairy, whatever cheese you like).
Just moist enough, and packed with rich umami flav ors. Make this herbed tomato vinaigrette with fresh tomatoes, the stars of summer. This quick and easy condiment is perfect for serving on grilled meats, salads, veggies, or pasta. I hope you give this beautiful homemade bread recipe a try.
Herbed Tomato & Onion Omelette – Dairy free (or not) step by step
- Crack egg/s in bowl, add dash of nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste. Whisk slightly. Add milk of choice. Whisk until frothy on top. Set aside..
- In hot oil of choice (use 1/4-1/2 of Tbsp), sauté onions and capsicum til onions are transparent..
- Slice tomato in half and squeeze juice on pan. Slice in desired size and add to the pan. (Optional for w/dairy: add your butter, to taste) Sprinkle dried mixed herbs, salt and pepper, according to your liking. Mix well. Remove from pan after 2 mins in low heat and set aside..
- Whisk egg mix again. In same pan, add remaining oil, tip side to side and watch oil run through all surfaces of the pan. Using the same pan attaches the flavor to the egg mix. Heat 1 minute in low setting..
- Add egg mixture to hot pan. Tip from side to side to spread to your desired diameter. Leave alone while in low heat..
- You'll see upper side of egg change from liquidy to creamy looking. Add your tomato filling by this time. Middle or half of the circle, your choice, which is easier to fold. (Optional for w/dairy: top with cheese of choice) With a spatula start loosening the edges because you will be folding your omelette soon..
- Once loose, fold egg mix to cover your filling. Half moon or like pigs in a blanket, your choice . Remove from heat. And serve. I like inner part of egg mix still creamy, if this is not your taste, let it stay longer on pan. Careful not to burn, so flip to other side..
And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating. Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes. And if you have a favorite herbed bread recipe, let me know, I'd love to give it a try. No one will ever guess that a soup this smooth and creamy could be low in fat! Our Test Kitchen simmered up plenty of savory herb flavors that blend together well to make this soup a keeper.