Basic Cheese Fondue. Buy Cheese Fondue Set at Amazon! Great Prices and Selection of Cheese Fondue. Delicious with bread cubes, vegetables, or even little meatballs." – MagicallyDelicious.
The nutmeg and Kirsch are the finishing touches!" – Sylvia S. Your fondue party won't start hopping until the cheese starts melting. Get busy with this easy, basic Cheddar cheese fondue! You can have Basic Cheese Fondue using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Basic Cheese Fondue
- It’s 1 of garlic clove, halved crosswise.
- You need 1 of 1⁄2 cups dry white wine.
- You need 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 2 tbsp of kirsch.
- It’s 1/2 lbs of Emmental cheese, coarsely grated.
- Prepare 1/2 lbs of Gruyère, coarsely grated.
- You need of Grated nutmeg.
- Prepare of Italian or French bread cut into cubes. Stale is best.
It's perfect with pieces of bread or vegetables. The Swiss continue to promote the dish and its national importance. This easy fondue recipe uses the Swiss cheese and Gruyere cheese as bases, but for a different flavor profile, feel free to add blue cheese or another soft melt-able cheese and make a signature dip all your own! Make-ahead for a grab-and-go potluck or party!
Basic Cheese Fondue instructions
- Rub inside of a 4-quart heavy pot with cut sides of garlic, then discard garlic..
- Add wine to pot and bring just to a simmer over moderate heat..
- Gradually add cheese to pot and cook, stirring constantly until cheese is just melted and creamy. Add cheese slowly until each addition is melted..
- Stir together cornstarch and kirsch in a cup and stir into cheese..
- Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, until thickened, 5 to 8 minutes..
- Add nutmeg if desired and stir in..
- Transfer to fondue pot set over a low heat..
- Serve with cubed, slightly stale or dried out Italion Bread..
What to Dip in Cheese Fondue. Whether you serve this Basic Cheese Fondue as an appetizer or meal, try one or more of these dipping ingredients: French Bread (or try rye, sourdough, ciabatta, focaccia, bagels, pita) bread sticks; homemade croutons; cooked, cubed meat – (chicken, turkey, steak, ham, shrimp) cooked sausages – bratwurst, etc. Feel free to improvise and add a few touches of your own to this easy cheese fondue recipe. Spoiler: homemade cheese fondue is EASY. You'll feel inspired to throw a fondue party by the end!