Feta Shrimp with Brown Rice. (TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE) Shrimp nestled in a Greek-spiced tomato sauce, topped with chunks of feta, and then baked until Crumble the feta over the shrimp, and then sprinkle with the oregano. The feta is a tremendous addition. I serve it over brown rice and it is a meal on it's own.
Baked Shrimp in Tomato Feta SauceSimply Recipes. fresh dill, fresh parsley, onion, diced tomatoes, salt, feta cheese. Assembling and cooking Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers with Brown Rice. It pairs shrimp with tomatoes and feta cheese and is absolutely delicious in every rule-breaking way. You can have Feta Shrimp with Brown Rice using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Feta Shrimp with Brown Rice
- It’s 2 of servings of rice, white, brown, boiled, steamed, etc.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil.
- It’s 1/2 of medium Onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of large Garlic Clove, minced.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of dried Oregano.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 (14 1/2 ounce) of can of diced Tomatoes, undrained.
- Prepare 1/2 pound of uncooked medium Shrimp, peeled.
- It’s 1/8 cup of Dry White Wine.
- You need 1 tablespoon of minced fresh Parsley.
- Prepare 3/8 cup of crumbled Feta Cheese, the best you can find.
Preparation Heat oil in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Tender, hearty and flavorful, this recipe is one of my favorites! Garlic and a splash of lemon add to the fresh taste and heart-healthy benefits of shrimp. Add orzo, cilantro and pepper to shrimp mixture; heat through.
Feta Shrimp with Brown Rice step by step
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat..
- Add onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender..
- Add garlic and seasonings; cook 1 minute longer..
- Stir in tomatoes and wine. Bring to a boil..
- Simmer uncovered, 5-7 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened..
- Add shrimp and parsley; cook 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Remove from heat and stir in 3 tbs cheese..
- Serve over rice and sprinkle with remaining cheese to taste..
Drain the lentils and discard the bay leaf. Add the cooked rice, scallions, red pepper, zucchini, feta, oil, vinegar, thyme, salt and pepper and combine with a large spoon. This Shrimp, Peas and Rice dish is a family favorite! It's quick to prepare and I love that it requires This shrimp and rice dish always brings back memories of my childhood. A creamy French feta compliments the bright flavor of roasted tomatoes.