Dark Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies. Choose From A Great Range Of Chocolates Perfect For Every Occasion! Some things to note about these Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies: Too much candy cane near the edges of the cookie will run. Now this is the only issue I have with these cookies and I have been able to figure out a way for the most part to help keep the candy cane from running in all directions.
In a medium bowl whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In the bowl of stand mixer (or using a hand mixer) combine the butter and sugar. These dark chocolate peppermint bark cookies are one of my favorite ways to share holiday cookies with neighbors! You can have Dark Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dark Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/3 cup of 100% cocoa powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/4 tsp of coarse salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of cold unsalted butter or room temperature cubed (1 stick).
- You need 3/4 cup of granulated white sugar.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of peppermint extract.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of divided peppermint chips and chocolate chips.
These cookies and the Andes Mint Chocolate Cookies are from the same cookie recipe, but it's amazing how different the chips make them. Double chocolate chip peppermint cookies are packed with candy cane bits and chocolate chips. If you're looking for more Christmas Cookies, try these Easy Peanut Butter Cookies, Peanut Butter Blossoms, Gingerbread Crinkle Cookies or No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies ! In a large bowl, cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
Dark Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies step by step
- Pre heat oven to 350 and line cookie sheet with parchment paper..
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside..
- In the bowl of stand mixer (or using a hand mixer) combine the butter and sugar. Beat on medium high speed until light and fluffy 2-3 minutes. Add the egg and peppermint extract. Beat until well combined. Scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed..
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the flour mixture and stir until just incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips..
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon or use a cookie scoop. Roll into a ball. Slightly flatten the ball and press the top of the dough add more chocolate chips if you want. Place on prepared cookie sheet 1½ inches apart..
- Bake 10-12 minutes, until edges are firm and the center is still soft. Let cool on the cookie sheet 5-10 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely..
Beat in egg, then stir in vanilla and peppermint extracts. Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; gradually stir into the creamed mixture. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie. I also like to use it to make Peppermint Bark Chocolate Chip Cookies. I chop up the peppermint bark and add it to chocolate chip cookies and the results are EPIC!