Dark Chocolate Layer Cake with Fresh Strawberry Cream Frosting and Filling. Dark Chocolate Cake with Fresh Strawberry Buttercream. Place a cake layer on serving platter. Repeat with remaining cake layers and frosting..
Use a small layer of frosting on the bottom of each cake layer, just to prevent any soggy cake layers. Assemble the cakes by adding a nice layer of strawberry filling and repeat. My husband thought I put too much as I had some challenges getting the frosting not to mix with the strawberry filling. You can cook Dark Chocolate Layer Cake with Fresh Strawberry Cream Frosting and Filling using 22 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dark Chocolate Layer Cake with Fresh Strawberry Cream Frosting and Filling
- It’s of For Dark Chocolate Cake.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 3/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder, I used Hersheys special dark.
- You need 11/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 of teaspoin salt.
- Prepare 2 of ups granulated sugar.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of canola oil.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 cup of brewed coffee at room temperature.
- Prepare of For Strawberry Cream Frosting and Filling.
- You need 8 ounces of cream cheese, at room temperature.
- It’s 8 ounces of marscapone chee, at room temperature.
- It’s 4 ounces of (1 stick), salted butter, at room temperature.
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh strawberries.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 4 cups of confectioner's sugar.
- It’s of Garnish.
- You need as needed of pink sprinkles,.
- You need 6 of Godiva Strawberry Cheesecake truffle candies, halved.
- Prepare as needed of fresh strawberries.
Get Almond Cake with Cream Cheese, Ganache and Fresh Strawberry Filling, Vanilla Buttercream Icing and Pink Poured Fondant Recipe from Cooking Channel Instructions. Sift flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into the bowl of a mixer. This Chocolate Strawberry Cake is a moist chocolate layer cake with a strawberry filling and it's covered in a chocolate Swiss meringue buttercream. Garnish with chocolate covered strawberries if desired.
Dark Chocolate Layer Cake with Fresh Strawberry Cream Frosting and Filling step by step
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray 3 – 8 inch cake pans well with bakers spray.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder,baking powder and salt and sugar.
- In another bowl whisk the eggs with the milk,canola oil and vanilla, beat into flour mixture until smooth.
- Slowly beat in coffee until smooth batter will be very thin..
- Pour into prepared pans and bake 22 to 25 minutes until a toothpick comes out just clean. Cool 15 minutes in pan then run a thin knife around edges of cake to unstick any edges of cake and remove from pan to cool completely.
- Make Strawberry Filling and Frosting.
- Puree strawberries in a food processor and set adide.
- Beat together in a large bowl until smooth, cream cheese, marscapone cheese, butter and vanilla.
- Beat in strawberry puree.
- Slowly beat in confectioner's sugar until it is a nice spreading consistancy, add drops of red food color only if you want it pinker. Refrigerate if frosting seems soft to firm it up for about 1 hour for easier spreading.
- Assemble Cake.
- Place 1 cake layer bottom up on serving plate add some Strawberry filling.
- Add second layer, bottom side up.
- Add more fillinhg.
- Add third layer, bottom up.
- Frost entire cake and decorate with sprinkles, Godiva Strawberry Cheesecaketruffles, halved and fresh strawberries.
PIN IT FOR LATER Fill the center with half the strawberry puree. Repeat with the layer of strawberry cake, frosting, and strawberry puree, followed by topping with a layer of vanilla cake. Spread a thin layer of whipped cream frosting along the sides of the cake. In medium bowl, pour boiling water over cocoa, and whisk until smooth. This will prevent the strawberry filling from seeping out of the edges of your cake.