Pasta with Cherry Tomato Date Sauce. This is the fastest, easiest way to make pasta sauce from scratch. The secret is using cherry tomatoes. Cherry tomatoes are almost always sweeter, riper.
Use your summer crop of cherry tomatoes to make Chef John's recipe for cherry tomato sauce with penne pasta. Ended up adding it to another pasta sauce because I didn't want to waste my tomatoes. Separate ribbons of pappardelle and spread them on a paper towel or clean kitchen towel. You can cook Pasta with Cherry Tomato Date Sauce using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pasta with Cherry Tomato Date Sauce
- It’s 1/2 pound of penne pasta.
- Prepare 25 of cherry tomatoes halved.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of white wine.
- Prepare 3 of dates diced.
- It’s 3 of gloves garlic sliced.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Olive oil.
- It’s of Grated Parmesan cheese.
Cherry tomatoes are almost always sweeter, riper, and higher in pectin than larger tomatoes at the supermarket. All of these factors mean that cherry tomatoes are fantastic for making a rich, thick, flavorful pasta sauce. Drain & rinse with cold water. Add diced tomatoes and season well with salt and pepper.
Pasta with Cherry Tomato Date Sauce instructions
- Boil water for pasta. Make sure to heavily salt water before adding the pasta..
- In large pan, heat olive oil over medium heat and add tomatoes and garlic.
- When tomatoes begin to release juices, add the dates to the pan.
- Add white wine and cook until alcohol is burned off.
- Add a ladle of pasta water to the pan and continue to cook until tomatoes break down.
- Strain pasta and add directly to the pan.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese and enjoy!.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in plenty of salted boiling Cut remaining tomatoes into eighths. Add to sauce and heat until warmed through. Mix sauce with pasta and grated Parmesan cheese. I picked cherry tomatoes yesterday & was just going to mix with green onions , garlic and serve cold. Being the type of person that loves to experiment with food I made this wonderful recipe with pasta.