Date Syrup. Buy Groceries at Amazon & Save. Date syrup is a thick, caramel-colored sweetener made from dates. You may have seen it on the shelves in your local health food store, as many cooks embrace it as an alternative sweetener.
You can use date syrup in smoothies, juices, chocolate milk, cakes, desserts or whatever needs a little extra sweetness. Date syrup is a super healthy sweetener and is really easy to make, you only need, water, dates, lemon juice and a blender! Date syrup uses are any recipes that call for no refined sugar and cakes like a quinoa chocolate cake. You can cook Date Syrup using 2 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Date Syrup
- It’s 2 pounds of dates.
- Prepare 8-1/2 cup of water.
Benefits of date syrup are it contains fibre, inexpensive to make, high in antioxidants and is an excellent natural sweetener. You don't have to use the expensive majool dates in this. Ancient cuneiform manuscripts from Mesopotamia mention the syrup, showing it as the primary sweetener of that time. In the Bible, the word "honey" can be translated from the Hebrew to describe a fruit honey, rather than the honey from a bee, and is commonly referred to as.
Date Syrup step by step
- Place dates and water in a pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and cook for 2 hours or until dates are very soft and starting to dissolve..
- If you start running out of water add some..
- After two hours let the dates cool to room temperature.
- Take cheesecloth and I used a potato ricer to press the juices from the dates. I did this in batches. Save the date pulp..
- You can put it in a ziploc bag and freeze or put into breads, muffins, and so on..
- Take the liquids and put into a pot and reduce till it's as thick as maple or table syrup..
- Let cool and put into a sterilized container. Refrigerate and treat as maple syrup..
- I hope you enjoy!!!.
Just Date Syrup is a low-glycemic index sweetener made from one perfect ingredient: wholesome, organic, California dates. We've gently extracted their natural sugar and vital nutrients to bring you a rich, delicious, and healthier sweet. date syrup, how to make dates syrupThe recipe is very simple. I have no idea regarding the nutrition value and whether it is healthy. But Lion dates syrup was in much hype in India, when it initially landed in the market, years ago. It was considered and advertised as a super food especially for kids.