Lime & Date Pickle. Lime or Limes primarily refers to: Lime (fruit), a green citrus fruit. Lime (material), inorganic materials containing calcium, usually calcium oxide or calcium hydroxide. Lime (color), a color between yellow and green.
From Middle English lyme, lym, lime, from Old English līm, from Proto-Germanic *līmaz. Cognate with Saterland Frisian Liem ("glue"), Dutch lijm, German Leim ("glue"), Danish lim (from Old Norse lím), Latin limus ("mud"). lime (countable and uncountable, plural limes). (chemistry). Lime definition: A lime is a green fruit that tastes like a lemon. You can cook Lime & Date Pickle using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lime & Date Pickle
- It’s 10 of numbers Lime.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Oil.
- You need 1 cup of Dates, chopped.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Garlic, sliced.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Ginger, sliced.
- Prepare 2 of Nos Green chilli, sliced.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Kashmiri chilli powder.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of Chilli powder.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of Turmeric powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Asafoetida powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Mustard seed.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Fenugreek seed.
- It’s of as required Boiling water.
- Prepare to taste of Vinegar.
- It’s to taste of Sugar.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Oil.
Limes grow on trees in tropical. Learn more. -lime (verb), lime (noun), liming (noun)- "lime" is a Trinidadian word, which means to socialize and In Trinidad, liming is a respectable alternative to having a barbecue, going out to a bar, partying, or.
Lime & Date Pickle step by step
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a pan, saute lime until the color changes. It takes about 5 – 10 minutes. Allow it to cool and cut each lime into 8 pieces. Discard juice and oil..
- Heat 1/2 cup oil in a pan, fry mustard seed, fenugreek seed, garlic, ginger and green chilli slightly. Remove pan from heat and add kashmiri chilli powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder and asafoetida powder..
- Add chopped dates along with little boiling water and cook in low flame until soft. Add required amount of boiling water, salt, vinegar and sugar, bring to boil until thick. Switch off flame and add lime pieces, mix well and adjust the taste..
- Let it cool completely and store in airtight container. Pour little oil on top of the pickle. Keep refrigerated to increase the shelf-life..