Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches on Date Nut Bread. To make a Grilled Ham Veggie-Cheese Sandwich, arrange sliced ham, bell pepper strips, sliced onion and tomatoes between the bread with the cheese. Grill the sandwich as directed, adding a few extra minutes to the cooking time. Serve this grilled cheese sandwich with a plateful of potato chips, dill pickle spears and a glass of milk.
Spread the margarine on the outside of the sandwiches. If you choose to leave it ungrilled, I would butter the INSIDE of the bread instead, but still sandwich the cheese between the ham in the bread or course. I hope that if you decide to follow this method for your grilled ham and cheese sandwich, you might try to add a few twists that were mentioned earlier, and then let me know how it went!! You can cook Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches on Date Nut Bread using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches on Date Nut Bread
- You need 1 of recipe Date Nut Bread, recipe attached in direction #1.
- You need 1/4 lb of thin sliced deli ham, I used black Forrest ham.
- It’s 1/4 cup of softened cream cheese.
- Prepare 1 tsp of butter, salted or unsaltec.
Divide sautéed veggies between the two slices of bread. Top veggies with cheese and basil. Think you know the best cheese for grilled cheese? You want something that features a sharp, intense flavor and-most importantly-melts with ease.
Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches on Date Nut Bread step by step
- Slice 8 slices from the date nut bread for 4 sandwiches. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/356764-date-nut-bread.
- Spread cream cheese evenly over each slice.
- Add ham evenly on top of cheese.
- Close and gently press together.
- Heat butter in .non stick skillet, add sandwiches, cook until golden 2 to 3 minutes turn carefully and toast other side another 2 minutes..
- Slice carefully and serve hot..
Spread one side of each slice of bread with mayonnaise. In a small bowl, stir to combine mustard and honey. Spread the unbuttered side of the second slice of bread with mayonnaise and mustard; place it, butter-side up on top of the sandwich. Here, the best breads for grilled cheese sandwiches. Pullman Bread A crustier step up from basic white bread but still soft and airy, Pullman bread is a great gateway bread for those looking to.