Tamarind and Date Chutney. Sweet Tamarind Dates Chutney Recipe with step by step photos – This Easy Tamarind Dates Chutney Recipe is what I have been making very often and regularly. After the dates become smooth, blend in a mixer till smooth. Strain and transfer to the pan again.
Shelf life of about a month in the refrigerator. * Here, I have used tamarind paste. Tamarind date chutney recipe – It is made from seedless tamarind, dates and jaggery. The taste of it is sweet and tangy. You can cook Tamarind and Date Chutney using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tamarind and Date Chutney
- It’s 50 grams of tamarind.
- Prepare 100 grams of Dates.
- Prepare 100 grams of Jaggery.
- You need 1 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
Tamarind and Date Chutney instructions
- Pit the dates and the soak them with the tamarind and jaggery in about 2cups of water for 2 hours.
- When cool strain till just the husks of tamarind and dates remain,water can be added to ease the repeat process..
- Then boil this mixture till it reaches boiling point then simmer for 5-7minutes..
- Add water if mixture dries up and starts burning..
- Strain mixture when it cools till the husk of tamarind remain,you you will need to do repeats by adding water to achieve that..
- If chutney is too runny you might need to boil again to get rid of excessive water and any way it I'd a good idea if you want to freeze it and store for long (1 month).
- Cool add the rest of the ingredients,mix well and serve it as an iron loaded,fat free dip for veggies,munchies or combine with yogurt and boiled potatoes for a side dish..
Will start off with a block of tamarind boiled in hot water along with jaggery and dates. This tamarind chutney is made using tamarind, dates, jaggery & spice powders. You can also skip dates from this chutney but the flavor of the chutney is much superior with the addition of dates or some raisins. It is good to make this tamarind chutney thick if you plan to store it in a bottle as it. Date tamarind chutney is a very famous condiment used in chaats and also as a dip.