Dates Maamoul. Guided – Luxury & Adventure Find Deals on Dates Maamoul in Bread & Pastries on Amazon. Maamoul cookies are known as the Arabic cookies with dates. Ma'amoul is very famous in the Middle East during religious holidays for both Muslims and Christians.
Traditionally, maamoul are shaped using a mold called a tabbeh. These molds are carved out of wood and have a handle that can be tapped to release the cookie. The shape of the mold signifies what filling is inside the cookie. You can cook Dates Maamoul using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dates Maamoul
- You need 2 cup of fine semolina.
- It’s 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 cup of melted ghee.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of rosewater.
- You need 300 grams of dates paste.
Round with a flat top means a date stuffed maamoul; Round with a cone shaped top means walnut filled maamoul What Are Maamoul Cookies? Maamoul cookies are the famous middle eastern shortbread pastries filled with dates or nuts. They are traditional at religious holidays in the Levantine region. And are made by hand or using special wooden molds to create different shapes – round like a ball, crescent form, shaped as a dome or flattened as a disc.
Dates Maamoul step by step
- In a bowl.place semolina.flour and the ghee.
- Rub the ghee into semolina and flour until its completely absorbed by it.the mix will resemble wet sand.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix gently.
- You can bake maamoul without shaping it.just from the stuffed cookies into balls and arrange them on baking sheet and bake them (i used silicone mold for small tarts).
- Bake it at 180°F celcius or till golden.
I often reminisce about the pastries from my childhood. I have fond memories of my mother and grandmother baking every weekend and sharing something sweet with the family. This Ramadan I wanted to try and make maamoul. I set out to replicate the maamoul from my childhood and found that our family. Ma'amoul (Arabic: معمول (), also spelled m'aamoul, m'amul, m'aamul) is an Arab filled pastry or cookie made with dates, nuts such as pistachios or walnuts and occasionally almonds, or figs.