Date and Nut Pin wheels. Pinwheel cookies with dates and walnuts are a family treasure. There are a few steps when prepping, so I sometimes freeze the dough and bake later. —Frieda Whiteley, Lisbon, Connecticut. Date-Nut Pinwheels recipe: Try this Date-Nut Pinwheels recipe, or contribute your own.
Combine dates, sugar, and water; cook until thick. Date Nut Pinwheel Cookies – The dates, chocolate and pecans make these cookies truly amazing and delicious. I love love this time of year. You can cook Date and Nut Pin wheels using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Date and Nut Pin wheels
- It’s of Filling.
- Prepare 250 grams of Dates (pitted).
- It’s 200 grams of Mixed Nuts.
- It’s 225 grams of Sultanas.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Maple Syrup (Honey or Agave Syrup can be used as a substitute).
- Prepare of Biscuit.
- Prepare 200 grams of plain flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 30 grams of Light Musocvado sugar.
- It’s 65 grams of Butter (salted/unsalted your choise).
- It’s 1 pinch of of salt (do not use if using salted butter).
- It’s 2 tbsp of water (to bring the dough together if needed).
I have baked so many cookies recently but recipe, I think is special. Crisp brown sugar cookies spiraled with date filling. Contributed By: From Grandma Hanley's Cookbook Collection. Date Nut Pinwheel Ingredients Spread with date and nut filling.
Date and Nut Pin wheels step by step
- Put the mixed nuts in a food processor and pulse a few times to break them down a bit..
- Add the Dates, Sultanas and Maple syrup and process until the mix almost balls in the processer. (you know what I mean).
- Spread the mixture on a baking tray lined with Cling film and place in the fridge for an hour to chill. (a couple of millimeters thick).
- In the cleaned processer bowl add the flour, baking powder, sugar, butter and salt..
- 5. Process the mixture, adding the water as necessary until it just comes to a dough ball..
- 6. Remove from the bowl to a flowered surface and knead for a few minutes..
- 7. Wrap the biscuit dough if cling film and rest it in the fridge for ½ an hour..
- 8. Roll the rested dough on a flowered surface to the same thickness as the date and nut filling..
- 9. Place the filling on the dough leaving 1 cm of dough exposed..
- 10. Starting at the exposed edge of dough roll the sheet of dough and filling (like a swill roll)..
- 11. Cut the roll into 1cm slices and place onto a baking tray lines with greaseproof or baking parchment..
- 12. Bake for 15/20 minutes at 170ºC (for a fan Oven), or until golden..
- 13. Place on a wire rack to cool before you get wicked and eat them all. Hot, hot, hot..
Date nut pinwheels were theresa'S old-fashioned version of "slice and bake." Date Nut Pinwheels. Cook dates, granulated sugar and water in saucepan, stirring constantly, until thickened slightly. Remove from heat; stir in nuts. A date and nut filling makes a spiral when rolled in these all-time-favorite cereal treats. This is one of my mom's all time favorite Holiday Cookies.