Bread n Butter Pudding with Dates. Slice the bread of your choice, toast and butter it and arrange in overlapping slices in the bottom of an ovenproof dish, leaving some edges sticking out at the top so that they crisp up. Scatter the soaked raisins over the top and then pour in the egg mixture. This recipe is a classic Bread & Butter pudding.
This article has not been rated yet. Bread and Butter Pudding with Summer FruitRecipesPlus. Bread And Butter Pudding Without Raisins Recipes. You can cook Bread n Butter Pudding with Dates using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bread n Butter Pudding with Dates
- You need 8 slice of multigrain bread.
- It’s 3 slice of white bread.
- You need 5 large of eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1 of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of caster sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of dried dates.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 of cream.
Cinnamon-Apple Bread PuddingDinner: A Love Story. Today we're going to show you how to make the dish that made us famous: bread 'n' butter pudding Simon Marchmont: Bread *and* butter pudding. Beat together the eggs, melted butter, vanilla and milk. Christmas pudding is the traditional end to Christmas dinner.
Bread n Butter Pudding with Dates instructions
- Preheat oven to 180 (350/360).
- Remove crusts from all bread and butter each slice on one side.
- Cut bread into triangles and place in a baking dish butterside up.
- Sprinkle 3/4 sugar liberally all over buttered bread.
- Chop up dried dates and sprinkle amongst the bread pieces.
- Beat eggs and milk together add vanilla extract.
- Pour over bread and dates do all pieces are soaked..
- Cover and allow to stand for around 10 mins so that the bread absorbs the liquid.
- Bake in oven at 180 (350/360) for around 30 – 35 mins or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle remaining sugar on top.
- Serve with cream.
But what if you were a bit subversive this year? It also makes a very handy bread and butter pudding. Slice, layer in a baking pan and bath in a cream and egg mixture. It's already sweet so you just need to add. Bread & butter pudding is a delish sweet treat and the perfect way to use up day-old bread, reducing food waste and saving you money!!!