Date Walnut Orange cookies. The Best Date Walnut Cookies Recipes on Yummly Date & Walnut Cookies, Date And Walnut Cookies, Date Walnut Oatmeal Cookies. Date Walnut Orange cookies Chewy date cookies! kittykatkooks.
True multipurpose tasty treats, Orange Date-Nut Cookies will be great with breakfast or brunch, a tea-and-sandwich luncheon or on-the-go and across the country. The dough for these cookies can be made and frozen for a month ahead of baking. These cookies ship well as they become even. You can have Date Walnut Orange cookies using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Date Walnut Orange cookies
- You need of Cookies.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of Brown sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of White sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of Baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Butter.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 cup of Softened dates.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Walnuts.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Salt.
We sped up the method of producing the cookies by making it a thumbprint style cookie instead of a stuffed cookie. We also added rose water and orange blossom water to the dough to complement the cardamom and bring out the orange from the filling. i made this recipe as part of a massive holiday cookie bake. if i were doing it at any other time i probably would have been pleased with the process. the end product is fine if a little bland (even with the addition of nutmeg and cinammon.) i might use half brown sugar in the future. as it was the recipe took a while to put together even using ye trusty hand mixer. chopping the dates was an. From Pillsbury "Simply from Scratch Recipes"-unmistakably homemade! Line one or more baking sheets with parchment.
Date Walnut Orange cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In mixer or by hand beat butter, both sugars, egg and vanilla extract. Beat for 5 minutes. Add flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda and mix well for 2 minutes..
- Mix in softened dates and walnuts. Incorporate well..
- Place dough in fridge for 10 minutes.
- Form small balls and place 12 on a cookie sheet..
- Press a fork gently in centre of cookie for imprint.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Make sure dough is a bit soft when removed from oven. This ensures soft and chewy cookies.
Place flour in a bowl and whisk in the salt, cinnamon and cloves. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder. Add dates, pecans, and raisins, and stir with a wooden spoon until fruit and nuts are coated. You can use the more traditional orange flower water or rose water instead of. Sprinkle the cookies with coarse sugar while they are still warm.