Dates and Ginger Chutney !!. Nutty Yogi's Dry Dates and Ginger Chutney is a true vintage recipe! Combining the goodness of dates with ginger making a very healthy chutney. A favourite for kids and adults alike!
Place in a large pan with the garlic and vinegar. Cook gently until the apples have broken down into a thick purée. Stir in the sugar, dates, sultanas. You can have Dates and Ginger Chutney !! using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Dates and Ginger Chutney !!
- Prepare 10 of -15 deseeded dates.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Freshly grated Ginger.
- It’s 1 tsp of Chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 of Salt to taste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Jaggery / palm sugar / Brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Tamrind Paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of roasted cumin powder.
A common chutney dip that can be used with fritters, grilled or fried chicken or any meat, even your daily french fries. Pre-preparation for making the lime and date chutney. How to make the date and lime chutney. Stone the dates and cut them in halves.
Dates and Ginger Chutney !! step by step
- soak Dates in warm water to soften them and grind them to a smooth paste.
- Add rest of the ingredients with 1.5 cup of water and bring to boil (please adjust salt and chilly powder to suit taste).
- Let it simmer until it turns into a viscous liquid or the consistency of a chutney..
- A common chutney dip that can be used with fritters, grilled or fried chicken or any meat, even your daily french fries. The hot and sweet taste of dates and ginger come straight from the middle-East with an Indian twist!!!.
- This is a base recipe which can b reworked to suit ones tastes any makes use of available ingredients.. One can substitute dates with apples, pineapple, figs, apricot, plums, cherries… Use vinegar, lime juice or preserved lemons, sumac to zing it up, substitute chilli powder with cayanne or paprika Use it as a final sticky rub for those gooey chicken wings or ribs, add toasted sesame seeds for crunch and extra honey for stickiness.. Work around consistency by adding or reducing water.. Hope you all love it, enjoy !!.
Put dates, ginger, ground spices, salt, chilli powder and vinegar in a pan and cook till dates are tender. Now add sugar and cook until the mixture thickens. Remove from the fire, add raisins, almonds slit into halves and stir well. While the chutney is hot pour into clean jars and cork tightly. Drain the apricots and place them in a saucepan.