Date Scones. A flavour variation on our best ever scones! Easy Date Scones – moist, fluffy date scones. No need to rub the butter into the flour, just a Here in Australia we can't go past a good scone.
They also love to eat them-the dates are chewy and sweet. Roni Goodell, Spanish Fork, Utah. recipes. An easy recipe for wholemeal date scones. You can have Date Scones using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Date Scones
- You need of Scone mix.
- You need 3 cup of Standard plain flour.
- It’s 6 tsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 75 grams of Butter.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Milk.
- You need 3/4 cup of Chopped dates.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon.
Doreen Taylor's scones disappeared at ladies' guild Heather Williams's mother, Doreen Taylor, was famous for her date scones. "When Mum was on. In a bowl sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. A scone (/skɒn/ or /skoʊn/) is a baked good, usually made of wheat, or oatmeal with baking powder as a leavening agent and baked on sheet pans. Download Date scones stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices.
Date Scones instructions
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl..
- Cut butter in and crumble with fingers until resembles Fine breadcrumbs..
- Add dates, sugar and cinnamon..
- Add milk and mix quickly with a knife to a soft dough..
- Remove dough from Bowl and knead a few times..
- Lightly dust an oven tray with flour, or line with greaseproof paper..
- Press dough out onto tray..
- Cut into 12 even sized pieces..
- Leave a 2cm space between scones..
- Brush tops with milk and sprinkle a mixture of sugar and cinnamon on top..
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden Brown..
These light, fluffy scones with the added sweetness of dates are perfect for a morning or afternoon snack. Add dates to flour in a bowl. Pour in liquids and mix with a knife. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar into a large bowl. These scrumptious date scones are brilliant enjoyed with friends and family for afternoon tea accompanied with a hot cup of tea or coffee.